Bike rack options wanted

lechatnoir

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A great pearl of wisdom I learned (at the cost of a few peoples bicycles+garage doors) If you do use a roof rack. When your bike is on top of your car, put your garage door remote in the cubby-hole (or "glove compartment" for some refined folk).

Get home. "Where's my damn remote" , "Oh, bike on roof". "Thanks random Hubber guy"

The other trick I've heard of is to hang a red flag off your rearview mirror. Then it'll work for other peoples' driveways and mall parking lots too.

I've got a towbar mounted one though, which means I don't have to worry. The only issue I have is that my car weighs almost nothing, so if I've got two MTBs on there handling can get a bit sketchy at speed.

The other trick I've heard of is to hang a red flag off your rearview mirror. Then it'll work for other peoples' driveways and mall parking lots too.

I've got a towbar mounted one though, which means I don't have to worry. The only issue I have is that my car weighs almost nothing, so if I've got two MTBs on there handling can get a bit sketchy at speed.

I put a little colour sticker next to me rearview mirror on the windscreen (those round ones that come in rolls of hundreds), this is because I usually look up at low things I am about to go under, Mall parkings, garages, Tolls etc. This makes me look straight at the sticker, and reminds me.....

• 2 weeks later...