• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://pelotonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ZUPER-13410.jpg

Dan from Nam... he is interesting to follow on twitter

Tomorrow's work load

After the rest day, a chance for the sprinters as the race hugs the Galician coastline before the finish in the Celtic city of Coruña.post-12015-0-77020600-1410285910_thumb.jpg

!!!

Following Gianluca Brambilla and Ivan Rovny’s expulsion from the Vuelta a España on Monday for exchanging blows while in the breakaway on the road to La Farrapona, Philip Deignan has revealed that he had been struck in the face by Joaquim Rodriguez during the previous day’s stage to Lagos de Covadonga.

Writing in his column in the Irish Independent, Deignan described how he was involved in an altercation with Rodriguez on the descent of the Puerto del Torno on Sunday, when he was moving up in the peloton to position his Team Sky leader Chris Froome ahead of the final climb.

“As we hurtled along in the rain at around 50kph, Katusha's Spanish team leader Joaquin Rodriguez, who is fourth overall, took umbrage to my presence and nudged me out a little bit. So I held my ground and nudged him back,” Deignan wrote.

“As we continued riding, suddenly, out of the blue, Rodriguez turned towards me and punched me full in the face, splitting my lip and leaving me both stunned and fuming.”

Cyclingnews

Katusha's response to Sky's Deignan's complaint:

“[Rodriguez] made just a gesture with his hand like ‘what are you doing?’ after Deignan hit Purito's handlebars with his handlebars, and he hit Deignan in the face by accident,” a team spokesman said by email. “He apologized and did so in the evening and the morning after. It was not his intention to touch him.”

Cyclingnews