Stellenbosch: Attack on Cyclist on the R44

Fisan

Forwarded MSG on the Maties Cycling Discussion Group:

Hey guys and girls. Be super vigilant out on the roads when training. Tried jacking me earlier on the R44 this evening . Came sprinting at me from behind from the other side of the road while I was climbing out of Stellenbosch towards Welgevonden. If I didn't ride with a rear view mirror, I would not have seen it and managed to sprint away just in time. Let people know that they are coming from behind, you would never know till it's too late.

Glad the MatieTM is okay, but I am getting real tired of this BS in Stellies!! :cursing:

Happened to me a few seasons ago on that same rise.

It was like 6AM on a spring Sunday morning, solo base training.

I managed to sprint off and remember a grabbing hand brushing my gilet.

Close call.

Stellies is rof hey.

Forwarded MSG on the Maties Cycling Discussion Group:

Glad the MatieTM is okay, but I am getting real tired of this BS in Stellies!! :cursing:

Thanx for the heads-up, Koei

It was me that posted this on the Maties group. It happened at about 5pm at peak hour. It was a solo guy and he must be very brave or very stupid trying to take on a 1.94m+ cyclist, although I don't know if he had any weapons.

Sadly solo riding is not great. At times, there is no choice, but ja, I try to stick to super MAIN roads when riding on my own. Sigh, the world we live in.

happened to me once near the silo's.............body might still be under the bridge. not sure if he was left alive.