Bellville Hill Climb?

milky4130

Hey Guys

Anyone know of a long climb in & around the Belliville area, could be a long gentle drag uninterrupted by traffic lights as well, will just have to use the big blade for a change. At least 10mins long.

Thanks.

Hey Guys

Anyone know of a long climb in & around the Belliville area, could be a long gentle drag uninterrupted by traffic lights as well, will just have to use the big blade for a change. At least 10mins long.

Thanks.

none hey, milky'... best bet is Tiekiedraai starting from Burgundy Estate side... The uninterrupted part is what makes the search impossible... The false flat of the R300 is another option :devil:

Just to clarify Milky, there is your 10mins long, and then there is the rest of us's 10mins long. :whistling: Lots of those around, Malanshoogte from the gravel road side is one.

none hey, milky'... best bet is Tiekiedraai starting from Burgundy Estate side... The uninterrupted part is what makes the search impossible... The false flat of the R300 is another option :devil:

nah it takes me 6mins to the top & 25mins to cycle till there. Thanks anyway.

Just to clarify Milky, there is your 10mins long, and then there is the rest of us's 10mins long. :whistling: Lots of those around, Malanshoogte from the gravel road side is one.
yeah I know Wannabe, I would've chosen vissershok anyway if it didn't take me so long to cycle till there, I need a climb/drag at least 10-15mins from home.

nah it takes me 6mins to the top & 25mins to cycle till there. Thanks anyway.

Burgundy Estate, final robot, to top Tiekie' is not 6 mins for anyone hey

i was referring to, from the bottom of tiekie just before the road starts tilting upwards.

Ride up to the Tygerberg nature reserve
thats the one I've been checking out on the map & for quite a while now but always get lost. I need to plan a route but there is that traffic light on Jip de Jagger at Eksteen road I first need to negotiate. Edited by milky4130

i was referring to, from the bottom of tiekie just before the road starts tilting upwards.

Oraait. Got it.

You're searching for a spot to check your FTP?

Oraait. Got it.

You're searching for a spot to check your FTP?

not really for that I go to the glen, from bottom of camps bay HS to top of Cable car road & usually sometimes end up going all the way to the end of the tar road to make up 20minutes.

The Training program dictates, What I need now is a climb or gradual inclined road 10-15mins away from home with no interruptions i.e. traffic lights or stops signs. Otherwise I need to put bike in car & drive to the ideal location, which is a schlep cause of time constraints & right now limited day light on offer.

Ride up to the Tygerberg nature reserve
any chance you can please map that exact route for me if you used it before?

not really for that I go to the glen, from bottom of camps bay HS to top of Cable car road & usually sometimes end up going all the way to the end of the tar road to make up 20minutes.

The Training program dictates, What I need now is a climb or gradual inclined road 10-15mins away from home with no interruptions i.e. traffic lights or stops signs. Otherwise I need to put bike in car & drive to the ideal location, which is a schlep cause of time constraints & right now limited day light on offer.

:thumbup:

yesterday I had to improvise & used this exact route. the difficultly with this route is to generate the desired power on the flat road is much harder, cause I need to ride bigger/heavier gears @high cadence which is not bad either.