Cost Effective Courier from JHB to UK?

nolipoli

Has anyone got experience with sending small items internationally without it costing a fortune?

I had an idea that if I sent a small item (approx. 250grams in packaging) overseas it should cost a few hundred Rand. I have been getting quotes of up to R1200 which is insane!

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative? Preferably not one that takes 6 weeks.

Just sent 3.47 kg to Taiwan ordinary post SAPO at R479.00. Goods have a tracking number and were received within 14 days.

Courier charges ranged from R4000.00 (our company preferred company!!) to R2 200.00.

Tried to get other quotes from all the companies and I am still waiting. To much work for them to handle so they charge what they like. Who said business was tight in SA?

You cannot use the word "courier" and "cost effective" in the same sentence. They are mutually exclusive!!

You cannot use the word "courier" and "cost effective" in the same sentence. They are mutually exclusive!!

Have you tried SAA cargo? They are realy well priced for local stuff and it is same day service. I sent a 4,5kg parcel from pmb airport to lanseria for R160 and it only took 3 hours from when i dropped it off to when the guy collected it in joburg. The only drawback is you have to go to the airport to drop off and collect. I am not sure if they do international stuff though.

we were quoted R1 300 to post a braai dish to New Zealand with Postnet.

The post office charged us R200 and it was there in 10 says.