Professional road bike service - Centurion/Pretoria/Midrand

JJacobs

Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere I can have my road bike serviced in Centurion/Midrand/Pretoria? Unfortunately I have had bed experiences with all three of the big local cycling stores and I do not want to take my bike back to either of them.

Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere I can have my road bike serviced in Centurion/Midrand/Pretoria? Unfortunately I have had bed experiences with all three of the big local cycling stores and I do not want to take my bike back to either of them.

You should give Casper a call 083 508 6490, he runs a service called Chain Wizard Mobile Services. He is based in Midrand but will come to you to do the services. He has a number of years of experience on a professional team in Europe, so you couldn't ask for a better, more professional service.

Wait a tad until Gary Blem returns from the Vuelta, he is head spanner lad at Team Sky, he always does a few services in his off time! There is no better!

Summit Cycles in Midrand

+1 for Summit Cycles.

Just bought a road steed from Anton. No bullsh!t, good service and advice.

Hot Spot Cycles

That must be a joke! I've bought my first three bikes there and used them extensively. I've been let down so many times I don't set a foot there anymore.

Anyway, best service I've found is at Cycle-fix. Magnus Gouws is their mechanic. He is the team mechanic for Team Bonitas and Team RE:CM. He knows his stuff, but he is not always there, given his team commitments. You have to ask for him to make sure he is there if you want him to work on your bike.

I've stopped using them though since they moved to Pretoria North. It's just too far out of my way and I struggle to get there on times that the shop is still open. I've since started using Conrad at www.mybicyclemechanic.co.za . Have to say that the service is top notch, albeit a little pricey sometimes. He is based in Garsfontein, Pretoria but will also collect from you.

• 3 weeks later...

Cycle Mobile is definitely the way to go. André comes out to you, does the repairs on site and is very competitive on his prices, in such a way that I'm yet to find someone that beats his prices, without slacking on quality!