[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #4 Bundu Bash

WesselvdWalt

I had a great half marathon

I won my batch c too!! Did the half in 1.42 Fantastic flat fast and furious, glad all my fellow c batchs enjoyed! I saw very little of you all!! ????

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an awesome race. Did dualX there a few weeks ago and was ready for that climb towards the end. Had a big sidewall puncture shortly after the tech zone. Had to run back and get the guys there to put a gator and tube in. A BIG thank you to those guys at the tech zone for saving my race. Managed a 3:11 from batch C. Advendurance really do know how to organise a race. Pity they cant do road races as well......

I had a great half marathon

I won my batch c too!! Did the half in 1.42 Fantastic flat fast and furious, glad all my fellow c batchs enjoyed! I saw very little of you all!! ????

I was fourth in C so I must have been chasing you all morning. Anyway, had an awesome half and then did the 10km with my youngest son. Was so great to see Fritz at the start of the 10km talking to all of the lighties riding. Shaking their hands and wishing them a good ride. Good on you Fritz.

I see there is an error in results between SAseeding and Jumpertrax for the half marathon. Saseeding says that the winner came in at 1:18:09, and on jumpertrax he is not even there. 

Great race, great waterpoints, great vibe as always! However, getting back onto the Molotto road could have been organized a bit better (I heard there were TMPD later that helped) and the food? Holy **** R35 for a Boerie roll? I know it's sourced from the community and as such is a boost to them, but surely they are taking the piss? Can Advendurance please have a look at food - the queues were almost as ridiculous as the prices! Rather get a dedicated caterer (as per the photographers and tech zones) that won't rip us a new one.

I see there is an error in results between SAseeding and Jumpertrax for the half marathon. Saseeding says that the winner came in at 1:18:09, and on jumpertrax he is not even there.

I would also like to know. Winning margin of almost 10min if it is right. Highly doubtful though.

I would also like to know. Winning margin of almost 10min if it is right. Highly doubtful though.

There is also an 8 point difference in the indexing between 1st and second.

I could do with better indexing :P 

There is also an 8 point difference in the indexing between 1st and second.

I could do with better indexing :P

Saw that as well. I really hope its an error. Those 8 points are huge!

That was the best race I have done this year! Was a great route, the seedings seemed spot on. From 45km to 60km was some tough but thoroughly enjoyable mountain biking. Really need to improve my climbing. Averaged 21km/h for the first 45km and last 10km but that 15km stretch really slowed me down only managing 10km/h.

I would have been 2nd in c batch half, but had a puncture on the hill, lost 10min there, according to Strava I did a 1:43. Was chasing you all the way Kyle!

Me and 3 other guys were motoring and working well together, I managed to escape from them before the hill, only to suffer the damn punture

Saw that as well. I really hope its an error. Those 8 points are huge!

I see they fixed. WOW. indexing went down by (im assuming - cannot remember what i saw last) 8 points. :D :D happy days. 

I had a really nice race from C batch. Caught a great bunch all the way through to the end. Managed 3:10 with a flat. Happy. Thank to all in the bunch. Nice work. And no congestion from C batch at all!

It sound like you were riding a road race :w00t:

Archived