MTB Bar Ends

Dragson

I have damaged my bare ends wit my crash on Saturday and I am in need of getting new ones. I don't know what to get. I would like to get some opinions of what other riders are using.

I currently use Raleigh's that look like these.

20080312_005727_460059.jpg

Thy are ok but was thing of trying something new.

Get the BBB Trailmonkeys. Hope it's not on a AM or Freeride bike.

http://www.bbbparts.com/products/bike_parts/bar_ends/images/tmonkey_s_sil.jpg

the best i've ever used are the cane creek bar ends paired with the locking grips. about R600 for both!

So you will all stay with the stubby type bare ends and not something like these

20080312_015548_canecreek-ergo.jpg

20080312_015612_singletrack-blk.jpg

Dragson2008-03-12 01:57:30

Dragson - the top Cane Creeks is what the Holy one is speaking of! I prefer those but couldn't afford the CC ones (not as well off as HR!) so got the 'knock off' RavX ones, also work.

Of course Specialized have some really nice ones now  ....... eeeerrrrrmmmm, how about a loan ???

So you will all stay with the stubby type bare ends and not something like these
20080312_015548_canecreek-ergo.jpg

er, the top one's the cane creek i suggested. have ridden with the bottom one two, but it's nowhere near as comfortable.

Dragson - the top Cane Creeks is what the Holy one is speaking of! I prefer those but couldn't afford the CC ones (not as well off as HR!) so got the 'knock off' RavX ones' date=' also work.

Of course Specialized have some really nice ones now  ....... eeeerrrrrmmmm, how about a loan ???
[/quote']

well-off? says mr i-only-use-specialized? haha! giant also make something similar. 

dragson, the ones you're looking at are better than the stubbies because there's less chance of them clipping trees in the singletracks. 

I have a pair of these on my bike, and i must say thay are very very comfortable. Being made from plastic, they are very robust, and also nice and light. An interesting thing with them is that you can flip them over, and have to long side facing down, which gives you a few more options regarding hand position. Also the main reason i got them was because being plastic, they dont damage my Easton EC70 carbon bars when tightening them.

I got a set of the Cane Creeks lying around, excellent bar ends, but the style police would have my balls if I put them on my risers LOL.

I got a set of the Cane Creeks lying around' date=' excellent bar ends, but the style police would have my balls if I put them on my risers LOL. [/quote']

You better believe it! They would be cool on my bike though, non-riser bars and all .......... they 'just lying' around then Big%20smile

Thanks the cane creek or similar looks like the one to go for.

HH you are correct have had a couple of close encounters with those stubby bar ends.......