Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Flights, accomodation, bike transport, mad entry fee, restuarant food, all make for a very expensive little jaunt around the mountain. Really thinking of giving it a miss - but i know i will regret it if i do.

I'm with you on this... it's becoming very expensive for out of towners.

Lucky thing is I have family in CT, so at least accommodation is sorted :thumbup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this Email today :

Entries for the 2015 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour will open at 1pm on 26 September 2014 and not 1 September as they traditionally have.

This year, the entries open date has been delayed to coincide with an exciting announcement about the Cycle Tour. While a few changes will be introduced, they will not impact on the format of the route and our main priority remains to provide the world-class experience that participants and spectators have come to expect.

Long-standing supporters of the Cycle Tour, as well as paid up PPA members, may receive an email affording them an opportunity to test our online system before we go live with entries. This is done purely in the interest of ensuring that our system is running smoothly before we open entries on the 26th of September.

The Cycle Tour – now in its 38th year – will take place on Sunday, 8 March 2015.

Best wishes & safe cycling,

THE TEAM: Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour

Email us: info@cycletour.co.za

Call us: 087 820 7223

Anyone else want to guess what the "big announcement" is going to be about. This is Slaapstad, the rumour capital of the world. Why are there no juicy stories flying everywhere? :ph34r:

Funny, they dont have to include day licence and CSA fees anymore and the entry fee increases. Irony

Funny, they dont have to include day licence and CSA fees anymore and the entry fee increases. Irony

Could it be an announcement that PPA and CSA have kissed and made up? Stranger things have happened! :ph34r:

Could it be an announcement that PPA and CSA have kissed and made up? Stranger things have happened! :ph34r:

err, some personality or other is going to ride along *yawn*

route reversal?

detour to the mast with portage up & down the jeeptrack?

Argus 2015 with wind/weather control?

they will actually offer riders water this time... that would be swell actually..

..............route reversal?..................

Now there's an interesting idea! Have Suikerbossie and Chappies done and dusted in the first third. Then for the last half, cruise downwind home from Smitswinkels.

Now there's an interesting idea! Have Suikerbossie and Chappies done and dusted in the first third. Then for the last half, cruise downwind home from Smitswinkels.

Every time I descend chappies going to Noordhoek, I wonder...."if the argus route was reversed, how many starters would end up in the ocean"

Every time I descend chappies going to Noordhoek, I wonder...."if the argus route was reversed, how many starters would end up in the ocean"

Dirty mind you

:-)

Yeah, there is one sharp L turn at about 90ish degrees which could lead to some action

Dirty mind you

:-)

Yeah, there is one sharp L turn at about 90ish degrees which could lead to some action

And the wall isnt the highest....front wheel into the wall = front flip into a 150m high dive

And the wall isnt the highest....front wheel into the wall = front flip into a 150m high dive

Imagine

:-O

I know exactly which Chappies corner you are talking about and I take that with great caution, especially when it is a bit wet, because it has so much paint on as well. So, NO, I don't think they'll reverse the route, even if a finish venue could be found.

Imagine

:-O

One of my friends nearly experienced it. Every descent after that he was on the brakes all the way....probably has the strongest grip in the country now. :devil: :ph34r:

One of my friends nearly experienced it. Every descent after that he was on the brakes all the way....probably has the strongest grip in the country now. :devil: :ph34r:

Yeah, once rolled down there in the rain

Let's just say my next road bike will have disc brakes

they were going to talk about the big announcement on KFM this morning - missed it as I was on my bike. Did anyone catch it????

Archived