Jens Voigt going for Hour Record 18 Sept

Joe!

Getting a proxy error but weight is not 84kg but rather 77/78kg. CX is 0.24 and cadence was 102.

Weight is of both rider 76kg plus bike 8kg? I edited ny previous post.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weight is of both rider 76kg plus bike 8kg? I edited ny previous post.

Ok that makes sense. Final estimate is 5.2W/kg which seemingly excludes bike.

Ok that makes sense. Final estimate is 5.2W/kg which seemingly excludes bike.

Cool.

And your second sentence made me think, when they compare w/kg, they normally divide only by the rider's weight? Why not the total (including bike) weight?

Cool.

And your second sentence made me think, when they compare w/kg, they normally divide only by the rider's weight? Why not the total (including bike) weight?

Not sure but my guess is that all pro peloton bikes are at legal weight limit so it makes no difference to add 6.8kg to every calculation.

speaking of family...damn this guy is busy off the bike too

http://www.bicycling.com/sites/default/files/images/jens-bike-toptube-family.jpg

Can't wait to see sparticus and Tony going at it

I think Wiggo is quietly waiting for others to set the bar a little higher and will then take it.

So the old codger proved me wrong.

Is buying 5 guys a beer at the end of 2 days riding is considered an expensive shout?.....And we all know 'Dale doesn't ride off road so it's only 4 guys! Assuming The Sheriff finds the W2W worth the trek to the Cape worthwhile.

King_Crispy is probably right, lot's of opinions, not much riding.

Send your names to me so I'm ready for you, the esky will be adequately stocked.  Or get your Hub ID card from Matt and come to my stand.

Chill those beers, eksê

Hey Carbon:I am down for the adventure. May I have more than one beer?

Jissis oke.

This might be an expensive chirp.

Oh wait, The Hub is full of keyboard warriors, not cyclists

Damn, I might be to slow to be in the first 100. Will even buy my own beer for the opportunity to throw in a chirp ;)

That will become known as the most expensive shoot from the hip post in the history of Le Ub.

Is buying 5 guys a beer at the end of 2 days riding is considered an expensive shout?.....And we all know 'Dale doesn't ride off road so it's only 4 guys! Assuming The Sheriff finds the W2W worth the trek to the Cape worthwhile.

Send your names to me so I'm ready for you, the esky will be adequately stocked. Or get your Hub ID card from Matt and come to my stand.

Lekka

I think Wiggo is quietly waiting for others to set the bar a little higher and will then take it.

Apprently so is Chancellera, he wanted to try beat the ultimate record (guessing because it would be a better challenge) but when the UCI changed the rules it helped him decide to focus on world RR instead.

I cant see that skinny pom beating TM or FC....bastid will probably make me eat my words

Apprently so is Chancellera, he wanted to try beat the ultimate record (guessing because it would be a better challenge) but when the UCI changed the rules it helped him decide to focus on world RR instead.

I cant see that skinny pom beating TM or FC....bastid will probably make me eat my words

Out on the road TM is king but on the track its a different story

Out on the road TM is king but on the track its a different story

True, mind over matter

and the skinny pom has a weight advantage (even if its flat) and even worse he likes track

Send your names to me so I'm ready for you, the esky will be adequately stocked.  Or get your Hub ID card from Matt and come to my stand.

Too far to travel for beer, but I will have one just now after my run  :thumbup:

That skinny pom is an olympic individual pursuit champion! Weighed much more then, though.

Archived