help needed......xx or xo

MonsterMan

Im in need of some help as im new to sram. My bike currently has full xo 2x10 but I have a chamce to go xx 2x10. Im just not sure tho if its a good thing or not

Pics are of what I currently have.

post-11677-0-36320000-1409911939_thumb.jpg

post-11677-0-71812800-1409911973_thumb.jpg

post-11677-0-22751600-1409912032_thumb.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are about 4% bodyfat, there is no known advantage to XX over XO.... and in fact the XO range has 2 advantages over XX - Trail brakes.... and clutch derailleurs... aside from the cranks.

That cassette is not XO, its the PG1070. Oh and dont go XX on rear derailleur, they have a tendancy to break, or more specific the chain fall off the jockey wheels and then grind through the carbon arm thingy (dont know what its called).

I will stay with XO if I were you.

Edited by koukie

I wouldnt waste my money if it was me. There will be little gain other than bragging rights and IMHO the XO crank is a much better crank than the XX one.

But thats just my 2c.

Totally agree!

Have tried Both and now running XO on everything. You wont get much tougher than that and very easy to maintain.

XX is slightly more prone to issues and costs a load more.

That cassette is not XO, its the PG1070. Oh and dont go XX on rear derailleur, they have a tendancy to brake, or more specific the chain fall off the jockey wheels and then grind through the carbon arm thingy (dont know what its called).

I will stay with XO if I were you.

How do they brake? the RD is nowhere near the Brakes

Whoever told you that bollie has got no idea about bike components and how they work :whistling:

Im in need of some help as im new to sram. My bike currently has full xo 2x10 but I have a chamce to go xx 2x10. Im just not sure tho if its a good thing or not

Pics are of what I currently have.

NBNB

If you feel like making the change, MAKE 100% sure that the RD's are the same cage length

I wouldnt waste my money if it was me. There will be little gain other than bragging rights and IMHO the XO crank is a much better crank than the XX one.

But thats just my 2c.

Why do you think the x0 crank is better?

Whoever told you that bollie has got no idea about bike components and how they work :whistling:

You see it's when they break and get into the rear wheel that they start braking ;)

Ok sorry break...

I experienced it myself, and saw it on a couple of others as well.

XX is lightweight "professional racer" level.

X0 is more for the everyday cyclist.

XX will as a result not last as long, and is more expensive to maintain / replace worn out / broken parts.

X0 is quite robust, because it is not made to be as light as possible.

Very little difference (to you and me at least) in performance.

IMHO, not worth the effort / expense.

Edited by Wannabe

Why do you think the x0 crank is better?

It allows for the spider to be changed to different pcd's where as the XX crank has a fixed 120bcd spider. Also the XO cranks are exactly the same as the XX1 cranks other than the different labels on them. So as a fact if you put a XX1 spider on your XO crank you basically have a XX1 crankset.

Ok sorry break...

I experienced it myself, and saw it on a couple of others as well.

If the chain climbs of the RD pulleys then there is something else wrong.....I know as I happened to my x9 rd...so it is not a XX thing