RIP Peter Haupt

Underachiever

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Condolences to Justin and the family. Sad day indeed and Peter was a true gentleman and a legend indeed.

Sad day for all of us in the cycle trade. Normally if someone pass away then only good things are said about them although many have had some bad sides as well. Not only did I knew Peter as a cyclist, opposition in the trade but also as a friend. Never ever did I heard Peter bad mouthing anybody , cyclist or dealer. A true gentleman that only saw the good in people.

Peter, we as a family and all my staff at CWC will miss you and we can only pray and ask for strenght for your family during these difficult times.

R.I.P

Just want to thank everyone for all the messages and phone calls we appreciate it very much. Such a sad day.I learnt so much about people and business skills from my old man and I am going to miss him so much.

RIP.

My deepest condolence to Justin and rest of family. Peter was a true gentleman of the sport and the world is a better place because of him. Always had words of encouragement to everyone he met on the road and will miss bumping into him on Bots or the climb home on Old Oak and the conversations we had.

Peter came from hard and humble beginnings and through sheer hard work and honesty made his mark in life.

He also proved that 'Nice guys don't always come off second best' as was evident from his success in the cycle industry,his happy family life and lastly his tenacity,longituity and success as a cyclist.

True Gentlemen are scarce and he will be missed by family and friends.

It was a pleasure and privelege to have known him for over 30 years.

We will miss your weekly visits, chats, laughs and we will miss you even more for the true gentleman you were.

We always had a good chuckle about who was tuning who on the hub!

Uncle Peter asked me to identify myself as Tankman when phoning through with orders since there is another Henk at another bikeshop also placing orders and made it easier for him to keep track which one he was dealing with! :D

Uncle Peter was so excited about going to Worlds, talking about it for months, but could not compete in the race and had to withdraw.

You can wear the rainbow jersey every day now uncle Peter, you deserve one!

Rest In Peace.

Regards

Tankman

• 11 months later...

Archived