If you could chose any Cube

Whatsup!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone riding the Cube Agree GTC SL road bike ? Its a well spec'd bike at a good price, but I have read some reviews online where a few guys have had the frame crack around the bb area, this was more seen in the older models though. Has anyone locally experienced this and what was the after sales support like on claims etc ?

Anyone riding the Cube Agree GTC SL road bike ? Its a well spec'd bike at a good price, but I have read some reviews online where a few guys have had the frame crack around the bb area, this was more seen in the older models though. Has anyone locally experienced this and what was the after sales support like on claims etc ?

Hi

I have the 2013 Agree GTC Race and it is awesome. No issues at all with frame. A friend of mine had a warranty claim on a carbon mountain bike it is was replaced, no issues.

I now have a couple of Cubes and a few over the years. It would take a lot for me to move away from the brand. Just wish I could afford some more of them.

Some dealers are a bit bad on not keeping the spares, so have to order when needed, but I have also managed to get all the spares and accessories I have needed/wanted.

I have been informed that TheTrailHead has a Stereo 140 27.5 demo bike available.

I am definitely going to swing past and arrange a ride. I want to compare it to my Stereo 120 29er. It would be interesting to compare even though a love my 29er!

my new toy thanks Eldron. You are the best

Am eyeing out an upgrade to a suitable Full Suss 29er for next year's Epic.  Just stumbled onto this thread and now the shortlist she is growing... :blush:

Potentially see 2 worthy candidates in the Cube stable.  This baby and the AMS 100 Super HPC Race 29er.  Which model would be better suited to an Epic challenge? 

Any Cube agents in Durban?

Am eyeing out an upgrade to a suitable Full Suss 29er for next year's Epic.  Just stumbled onto this thread and now the shortlist she is growing... :blush:

Potentially see 2 worthy candidates in the Cube stable.  This baby and the AMS 100 Super HPC Race 29er.  Which model would be better suited to an Epic challenge? 

Wow, tough question.

i would have said the AMS 100 Race, as it is slightly lighter and more of a marathon bike.

But the young team sent out by Cube for this years Epic had the Stereo 120. There was an article somewhere where they were very happy of their choice in bike. But this was obviously the top of the range.

The winners of the Mixed category, where on the AMS 100 SLT (well at least the male half)

I think I would still lean to the AMS 100 Race with full XT, but I have never done the Epic

I would be interested in others thoughts.

I have been informed that TheTrailHead has a Stereo 140 27.5 demo bike available.

I am definitely going to swing past and arrange a ride. I want to compare it to my Stereo 120 29er. It would be interesting to compare even though a love my 29er!

It's a medium 140. Hopefully that's fine for you? Very lekker bike but I'm too tall to fit on it.

Hey Vivek B,

I have the Agree GTC 2013 model as well and have absolutely no issues. The group I ride with there is a girl who also has the same bike and she also has had no issues and loving her bike. I do mountain biking as well with the Cube AMS 100 26er and sometimes forget when I am on my road bike that it is not a mountain bike and still have had no issues with the GTC.

Cool. It would be interesting to get your feedback.

Hey Grease

Welcome to the land of temptation.

Both are brilliant bikes for the Epic

The below link will make you excited for the Epic and some interesting comments on the bike. View stage 7 highlights

http://www.cube.eu/uk/capeepic/

Please PM me for some assistance on Cube bike in Durbs

Cheers

The AMS100s have arrived and are heading out the door fast!

Here is our second this week waiting for it's new owner...

post-2412-44489.jpg

Hey Grease

Welcome to the land of temptation.

Both are brilliant bikes for the Epic

The below link will make you excited for the Epic and some interesting comments on the bike. View stage 7 highlights

http://www.cube.eu/uk/capeepic/

Please PM me for some assistance on Cube bike in Durbs

Cheers

Eish...sorry - what's the saying - "opportunity knocks"!  Gone with an upgrade on my Air Niner HT.  Warranty replacement on the frame so paid in to graduate to the Jet9RDO.

Really like the look of those Cube MTBs though :thumbup:

Archived