If you could chose any Cube

Whatsup!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my Cube SHPC Race 29er for just over a year. brilliant bike. I replaced the saddle (sella anatomica), handlebar (riser) & stem. Mike from Mike's Bikes is busy sorting me out with a new wheelset. The old dt swiss set buckled after a coming together with a motorbike on a single track this past Sunday.

Luckily the frame (and I) are undamaged. Will see about the fork once the new wheels arrive.

I usually carry 4 water bottles on long rides. 2 on the frame + 2 on a seat post bracket.

The 2 seat post bottles are always put in the feeezer overnight so they're nice 'n chilled around the 30-50km mark.

The bikes now done 4500-odd km without a hassle.

Couple of scratches here & there but nothing to cry about.

Will buy a CUBE again for sure.

Regards from a very wet Congo.

H.

Had my Cube SHPC Race 29er for just over a year. brilliant bike. I replaced the saddle (sella anatomica), handlebar (riser) & stem. Mike from Mike's Bikes is busy sorting me out with a new wheelset. The old dt swiss set buckled after a coming together with a motorbike on a single track this past Sunday.

Luckily the frame (and I) are undamaged. Will see about the fork once the new wheels arrive.

I usually carry 4 water bottles on long rides. 2 on the frame + 2 on a seat post bracket.

The 2 seat post bottles are always put in the feeezer overnight so they're nice 'n chilled around the 30-50km mark.

H.

I am very interestedin buying the HPC 29. Been riding Cannondale for years but the Scalpel carbon out of my price range. Can you shed more light on handling and reliability please?

H.

I am very interestedin buying the HPC 29. Been riding Cannondale for years but the Scalpel carbon out of my price range. Can you shed more light on handling and reliability please?

Well, my 26er mates who've ridden it all remark about the handling. With the front & back locked you'd be forgiven for thinking you're riding a hard tail, especially while climbing. This thing climbs like a caterpiller.

It does however come into its own while doing extended high speed XC rides.

very comfy & secure at speed.

As for reliability, so far so good.

nothing broke, just the usual maintenance items & upgrades.

I replaced the chain & 2 smaller front rings around 3500km.

The rocket rons & racing ralphs were great tyres initially but they don't last very long at all, at least not for me. Now on mountain kings.

I replaced brake pads once.

Other than that I also have a ring-ring bell and two chinese lanterns for night rides. (amazon.com, SecurityIng 3600lumens jobbies that turn night into day)

Hope it helps.

H.

A little something for you Cube fans.

The Stereo 140 Super HPC Race 27.5 is arriving in country soon !

Warning - most have already been pre-ordered and sold so get your orders in quickly

post-7247-0-84788800-1429016050_thumb.jpg

A little something for you Cube fans.

The Stereo 140 Super HPC Race 27.5 is arriving in country soon !

Warning - most have already been pre-ordered and sold so get your orders in quickly

I have just had a chat with my "bike guy"

You folks will get a call from him tomorrow.

I am 99% certain this is the bike for me.

Better have 1 medium left.

Guest notmyname

Your bike room at home must be dreamy Mr Potgieter.

Seriously considering buying this. Do all these 50+ km races on a 15kg trail bike. Need something lighter:

Cube AMS 100 Super HPC Race 29er (2015) - Blackline - 11.65kg

Where can I test ride 1 in Jhb? Evobikes have it for R42000

http://www.cube.eu/media_ftp/BIKE_Bilder_2015/652300/652300_light.jpg

i had a 2013 or 14 model not sure but was an ams ( pics few pages back) 100 black line. All I can say I have never ridden a faster more responsive bike. If you want a fast bike,that is it for sure.

How much is the Stereo?

Just found out only 1 medium cube 140mm stereo has come in.

I wonder which lucky guy is getting it???

:whistling:

Pics or it didnt happen