buying a bike in a different city

'hamster

Hey Guys

Has anyone bought a bike from another city a bit too far to drive to? 

How would you arrange delivery?

Any other advise?

Thanks

I bought a bike from a different city. - more advice would be:

- Make sure you know EXACTLY what you are getting and the condition thereof

- Get the seller to send as many photos as possible in the best resolution possible so as to allow you to make the best decision you can

- let the buyer beware.

good luck

Hey Guys

Any other advise?

Thanks

I'm in CPT, bought a new bike from JHB last year. I think I used CourierIt. The shop sent it in its box so there were no issues with scratches or anything like that. I think its was around 400 bucks or something like that. 

If its close enough, arrange to meet half way. Therein you know that the seller is willing to meet in person and stands by his description of the item.

I have however purchased more than ten bikes on the hub, only once have I met the seller half way. All of the other bikes that arrived per courier were perfect and exactly as described. Therefore I 100% trust hubbers selling bikes.

Where I live no one sells 2nd hand bikes!

Im waiting for my Anthem to arrive this week, fortunately I was able to get a family member to go check it out.

The best would be if the seller agrees to pick up a bike box from their LBS and package it for you, you then send timefreight to go pick it up and get it to you.

Like others mentioned you need to know the exact condition so that you are not disappointed when it arrives.

Hey Guys

Any other advise?

Thanks

Ask the seller for a service history and shop it was serviced at. If none- be warned. If you get a shop name, phone them and confirm that they have serviced it once/many times, follow up still.

Bought my bike from a guy in Howick. Got him to take the bike into a bike shop and spoke to them about condition about the bike and got them to repair any that needed at the sellers expense and then got shop to ship to me at my expense. Very happy with my purchase.