2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

Folks, before we jump ahead to the mens road race tomorrow, don't forget we've still got the elite ladies today and there are 3 Saffas we need to support:

Ashleigh Moolman Pasio

An-Li Kachelhoffer

Heidi Dalton

With Marianne Vos looking a little out of sorts, it's a very open race this year.

Agreed! Wishing them all the best. Go ladies!

PS. Write off Vos at your own peril.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louis risked

Too soon though

Pace was hot yoh

Think he got it spot on, couldnt afford to go to the end with Aussies controlling the race. Had to go. well done to all of them, good to see them racing as a team. Some days you win & some days you learn.

Good luck Ash!!

Folks, before we jump ahead to the mens road race tomorrow, don't forget we've still got the elite ladies today and there are 3 Saffas we need to support:

Ashleigh Moolman Pasio

An-Li Kachelhoffer

Heidi Dalton

With Marianne Vos looking a little out of sorts, it's a very open race this year.

Who'll take on the phenom in Vos?

I'll be watching.

GO ASHLEIGH !!!

Ok we're live on channel 208 :)

The whole front row on the start line is just a wall of orange jerseys. The dutch very much the powerhouse of womens cycling. So many options, so much firepower. They'll be calling the shots today. It will be interesting to see the tactics used by the other countries to try and counter....

And they're off! The flag drops, with the Netherlands team of defending champion Marianne Vos on the front. Thanks to defending the title, the Netherlands has nine riders in the race.

As the riders tackle the first climb of the circuit, the peloton is all together. However the speed is high.

The riders make it safely through the downhill corner where riders have crashed so frequently and begin the shorter but steeper climb.

At the summit, the riders are all together and nobody tried an attack. The racing will surely explode later on.

The descent has lead to some minor splits in the peloton and lined out the riders but there is no real attack or breakaway.

Archived