2nd Hand Morewood Izimu - 2 buy or not to buy

Wolf Lyle

Just need some advice.. Im looking for a downhill / free ride bike . Just for some fun.

I currently Ride a Giant Anthem which is my cx ride, but looking for some big travel to do some jumps / downhill..

Found this Morewood Izimu and wondering what its worth. I have about 10K to play with ...

the Izimu has been fully serviced , new tires , new bearings, boxer folks , Manitou rear shock.

Any idea approximately what I should pay for her? or should I look for something else ?

post-62272-0-23701900-1411575855_thumb.jpg

Doubt you can go wrong with that bike. Give it a test ride and if it checks out buy it - R10k sounds about right too.

Any Morewood is a winner, not a bad price, that is a very old frame though, has the old swing arm without the nice Cnc cut outs. I'd try for a slightly newer frame or try get a better price on that bike, that price on that is typically what the bikes with the newer frames sell for.

Give the bike a roll, should be mechanically sound, It was a GMC for full check up and service after its last ride.

I know this because I am mates with the current owner :thumbup: 

Never buy a bike that has been photographed with instagram .... it could just be a hipster bike that was used at a #moonlightmass :P

Work on the price a little and give the bike a spin

Are you/the current owner 100% sure that's an Izumu?

Cos from the front shock mount gussets it looks more like a Shova LT to me.

I was about to say the same thing.

I don't know much but I know a Shova when I see one.

One of the older models.

I still think of the Shova as one of those benchmark bikes.

I've been searching for one in my size for the longest time.

Ended up settling for an old Azonic.

You should push for a better price but that goes without saying on any bike at any price.

Either way I wouldn't pass up on this bike.

So Checked it out today. The frame is Marked as an Izimu , but after some research im pretty sure you guys are right , its a Shova frame. Feels very small for a medium (felt like I was on a bmx) . I'm 1.75 so guessing a large would be better? or maybe Ive just been tainted by my 29" xc bike.

Play in the front, rear and linkage bearings. Folks are old oil / spring , non adjustable but still feel ok. Seller not willing to budge on price.. Thinking I should keep looking. so if any one else is interested check it out, been advertised on Gumtree..

On a second note, can any one suggest what I should be looking for? trying to keep the budget low. Just looking to do some fun downhill, free ride.

Archived