Argus mtb challenge 2015

faanie

CA on Saturday and AD on Sunday. Was planning on doing the Saturday ride with my wife, however she is CC (only her 2nd ride) - will I be able to hang back at the start to wait for her?

Get them to reseed you downwards when you collect your number if a potential time penalty of 20'minutes is going bother you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'n collecting/registering for 2 friends tomorrow as well. Beside the letter of authority, any idea if there is an indemnity firm or something that needs to be signed beforehand?

I'm really surprised at the general lack of proper information available for this race.

I'n collecting/registering for 2 friends tomorrow as well. Beside the letter of authority, any idea if there is an indemnity firm or something that needs to be signed beforehand?

I'm really surprised at the general lack of proper information available for this race.

I certainly hope not. I phoned the race office and was told only the letter.  I offered to register on behalf of everyone that gives me an authorization letter as we stay a 65km drive to River club.  

I certainly hope not. I phoned the race office and was told only the letter. I offered to register on behalf of everyone that gives me an authorization letter as we stay a 65km drive to River club.

Cool, txs.

CA on Saturday and AD on Sunday. Was planning on doing the Saturday ride with my wife, however she is CC (only her 2nd ride) - will I be able to hang back at the start to wait for her?

just start in her group, same as any other race where you are allowed to drop to a lower seeded group but your wife is not allowed to join you in a higher seeded group.

Can anybody compared the 55km route with say the 45km Origin of trails option? Origin was tough, will this be anywhere close to that? Im a bit concerned I have been off the bike for a few weeks slightly ill. Havent had enough training.

That said I should probably look to just cruise it, would be the longest MTB race for me to date.

Hey Mads, you do stay considerably closer to Delvera for Friday registration... no need to go through to town?

Hectic traffic on N1 between N7 & Koeberg interchange (truck accident at Koeberg interchange)if your on your way to register today

Does anybody know what distances the water points are at on the 55km route? The map just has the locations, so it's kinda hard to tell.

Thanks!

Anyone registering tomorrow that would like to swap entries, your 38km entry for my 55km? Picked up a knee injury and haven't been on the bike for a month :-)

Does anybody know what distances the water points are at on the 55km route? The map just has the locations, so it's kinda hard to tell.

Thanks!

Apparently the Cape Cycle Tour MTB race organisers deem it very inappropriate to share actual...hmmm...useful information about the race itself.

Thanks!

Looking at the route, it seems first one is probably around 15km to 20km? with the next one being 25-30km? There are 4 water points for the 55km route, all evenly spread it seems. No camelbak required for this one.

Looking at the route, it seems first one is probably around 15km to 20km? with the next one being 25-30km? There are 4 water points for the 55km route, all evenly spread it seems. No camelbak required for this one.

2 bottles will see you through. Enjoy the event people, lets just have fun. Hope the PRO`S dont muck it up like last year when they took the wrong turn. Mark the route well guys. Hope we all achieve our set goals. I`m trying to shave off 30min from last year..... :whistling:  :eek:

No goodie bags? Yes I know it is not always worth much but it's like a "lucky bag" - cant wait to see what's inside....