ZTR Crest

Acerunner

Sup Gents,

Got a great deal on a ZTR CREST weelset, i weigh about 89, is that a problem? Any of the "heavier" rider out there riding these rims?

regards,

Ace

I have the same dilemma here....I can get a nice bike for a good price with Crest wheels. I weigh 88kg. Manufacturer website states 190 pounds maximum rider weight, that's 86kgs. I have read through the whole internet 3 times already in the past few days and most "bigger" guys says you need to stay away. Even the smaller (and I use this term loosely) guys (70kgs) says they can race them, but they are scared pushing on downhills. If you're a fatty like me.....go with Stans Arch or even the Flows to be sure.....but you never can be.

I have the same dilemma here....I can get a nice bike for a good price with Crest wheels. I weigh 88kg. Manufacturer website states 190 pounds maximum rider weight, that's 86kgs. I have read through the whole internet 3 times already in the past few days and most "bigger" guys says you need to stay away. Even the smaller (and I use this term loosely) guys (70kgs) says they can race them, but they are scared pushing on downhills. If you're a fatty like me.....go with Stans Arch or even the Flows to be sure.....but you never can be.

ja, I hate to admit it, but ive been reading the same things:( would be great to hear from some one who is heavy and owns a pair

if you have a choice check out the American Classic Wide Lightning, lighter than Crests and a weight limit of >100kgs.

And the wide rim profile is awesome! It will make a 2.0 tyre feel like a 2.2 before but with the weight benefit of the 2.0

ja, I hate to admit it, but ive been reading the same things:( would be great to hear from some one who is heavy and owns a pair

I have a pair built with DT Revolution spokes. 

I have done 3 Sani 2 seas, A transKaroo, and a few more Dirt roadie rides over the last 3 years on them. Nothing serious, but often rough.

My weight  vacillates between 90 and 100kg and they have never given me a problem, but then again they were well built.

Talk to the Sheriff......

I weigh 100kg and have used crest,s on a HT whithout problems for 3years ,mostly training .I also have a set of arch wheels that i can honestly say are stiffer and stronger and TRUSTWORTHY!

I weigh 100kg and have used crest,s on a HT whithout problems for 3years ,mostly training .I also have a set of arch wheels that i can honestly say are stiffer and stronger and TRUSTWORTHY!

thnx man!!!

slightly off the topic :if anyone can help? need to replace a spoke on a ztr crest with shimano hub(rear wheel) , what length must the spoke be?

i am 86 kg and this is the first spoke in 2 years

Mate of mine weighs in at 126kg and went for 2years before cracking one of his Crest's,so I think you should be fine OP.

Archived