PwC Bike Park Upgrades

CycleLab

Hi,

The Trail Maestro Hylton Turvey is currently working his magic on some of our trails.

Some trails may be closed during this process.

We know you will be Super Stoked with the results when these are finish.

They are looking super awesome and we are very excited about the changes.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused during this next phase of our upgrades.

Thanks

PwC Bike Park Team

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him there on Sunday.

I was quite shocked to see the entrance went up to R60, especially with many trails closed.

Also maybe can you consider a lower price for if we would like to pop in on some days after work (after 4pm)? There's quite a few of us that will be interested in doing this but not at R60 for a hour or so.

I was quite shocked to see the entrance went up to R60, especially with many trails closed.

Also maybe can you consider a lower price for if we would like to pop in on some days after work (after 4pm)? There's quite a few of us that will be interested in doing this but not at R60 for a hour or so.

I like...almost like a non peak time pricing model....60 bucks for an hour jol is a bit steep.

I wish all the trails could be like the blue on the other side of the highways on that little hill....it just flows so lekker with a small gap here and there and lots of options.

Currently I whack the bmx track for an hour or so, then hit that blue a couple of times and then back to the bmx park....fun fun fun

60 buks, is two entries to the local track

I understand that you have overheads, and the price has remained the same for the last couple of years. And the tracks are not building themselves, but a family trip would set me back R240.

At almost double most bike park prices that I frequent, I may not visit the park too soon.

I was there this past Sunday. Haven't been there for quite some time. I must say when you have 3 kids and your self it gets a bit pricey. But saying this I did enjoy some of the new changes. Pump track was fun and the BMX track. I must have a rant a bout a few things.

1. Dust bins we sat under the Lapa closest to the BMX on the Left. No Dust bins in sight.

2. Then between the BMX track and the Road looks shocking. This could be cleaned up and weedeated.

3. Not sure what the plan is but it looks like the BMX track is unfinished It would be cool if the last 2 section flowed into the first 2 sections.(Not really a rant just looks unfinished.)

4. Please a saw two kids almost get very hurt at the BMX track. There are about 3 or 4 bricks missing where the bricks and start gate meet. Which is a nice big hole. Its right where you need to put your foot down to get ready to go down the start.

I don't normally Rant about things but point's 1,2,and 4 doesn't cost money to keep it in order. Otherwise my kids and I enjoyed the place and we will still. Support the track. Thanks Sean

Hi Sean32,

Thanks for the feedback.

Points 2 and 3 will be addressed during the next phase of our upgrades.

We have a different plan for the second half of the BMX track which will be

cool once we are done planning.

Points 1 and 4 have been reported to our Bike Park manager to rectify.

Happy riding.

We are finalising an early morning and late afternoon rate for our fans.

Will update you on this thread once it is implemented.

Is it just me or are the entry / exit points of most of the trails really narrow?

This is being addressed with our current upgrades.

They were originally built narrow to force riders to slow down before joining perimeter roads to limit the chance of a rider exiting a trail

and colliding with a rider on the perimeter road.

Is it just me or are the entry / exit points of most of the trails really narrow? 

haahaaa see @Robodog - its not just me ....at the skills clinic i lost alot of skin, and my grips got a good shearing off too :(

but must say there are more ppl that get through it fine than not, so Daniel I think we need to just practice more (though at R60 i dont think ill be back there too soon)

This is being addressed with our current upgrades.

They were originally built narrow to force riders to slow down before joining perimeter roads to limit the chance of a rider exiting a trail

and colliding with a rider on the perimeter road.

oh nice - think a lot of riders are running wider bars now days 

Hi Sean32,

Thanks for the feedback.

Points 2 and 3 will be addressed during the next phase of our upgrades.

We have a different plan for the second half of the BMX track which will be

cool once we are done planning.

Points 1 and 4 have been reported to our Bike Park manager to rectify.

Happy riding.

Thanks for the Reply

Really? Why do you say that?

My sis that never rides bike can go through there with 760mm bars without taking feet off the pedals...I never saw a problem there

Hey Fans.

We are adding the last touches to the main green route
and will have this trail open for riding on
Saturday 18th October.

“Build It, Ride it, Get Stoked”.

Hylton Turvey – Our trail builder extraordinaire.

R60 honestly is a ripoff for this park. Other venues run between R25 and R40 per visit. R50 was already a push for a place that had very little maintenance done to it. 

Im sorry but I won't be back. Was planning on hosting a group skills course there in November but not at this price.