PwC Bike Park Upgrades

CycleLab

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey any chance of night riding at the park for those of us who work during the week?

We will be launching it real soon.

Watch this space.

I was there recently with a kid, he had fun. I think if it will be now R60 that is a bit steep for what I would expect. Night riding would be cool (but not at R60).

Please could we raise awareness of how now to destroy features on a trail?

These are two of the jumps on the skills area, you can see most of the lip being worn away by people who can't jump but still insist on riding over the jumps. 

Is it possible to chop these tables into gaps? That would prevent non-jumpers from riding over them

Is that in the skills area or the ex-bmx track?

edit: Cause as what I can make out from the angle of your photo the old jump lines are in the area of the blue rectangle and the skills are are in the area of the yellow circle...? Or is my orientation wrong?

post-24697-0-69594100-1413890122_thumb.png

These are two of the jumps on the skills area, you can see most of the lip being worn away by people who can't jump but still insist on riding over the jumps. 

Is it possible to chop these tables into gaps? That would prevent non-jumpers from riding over them

please leave some table tops for us folk that lack confidence for huge gaps!  there are generally very few easy jumps around for learning and you got to start somewhere...

Is that in the skills area or the ex-bmx track?

edit: Cause as what I can make out from the angle of your photo the old jump lines are in the area of the blue rectangle and the skills are are in the area of the yellow circle...? Or is my orientation wrong?

attachicon.gifpost-41513-0-52231200-1413889569.png

First straight on the bmx track, your orientation is correct.

Those look like the bmx-track jumps? With the start on the top right area?

By the look of it I'm guessing the jumps you're focusing on are on the second part of the old bmx track? Unless I'm totally off-track here (pun intended)

If my idea of the area is right I'd guess that the wearing isn't from "non-jumpers" but rather from the kids I always see riding the wrong way down that section...

And not to be silly or anything, but wouldn't turning those tables into gaps kind of defeat the point of a skills development area, need to learn somehow and somewhere, Which is what the area was meant to be from what they touted in the other thread about the upgrades?

Ok my orientation was off, so the wearing is not from wrong-way riders

Yeah...then I dont think it will be wise at all to make those gaps.

Keep the gaps for the jump lines (still to be fixed in the blue rectangle).

As long as the track sees continuous maintenance there should be nothing to worry about, I used to spend many a weekend helping maintain the Kempton Park BMX track back in the day. This shouldn't be an upgrade and leave it until next year kind of thing.

The park is also marshaling the pump and bmx track now. So hopefully the amount of kids riding the wrong way will be lessened if they just keep reinforcing the rules..

Rode the trails on Wednesday evening with the Managers before a charity event. I haven't ridden there in a while and I am impressed by the changes which have been made! Lots of good flow, well maintained and the ability to build technical skill. THANKS

Archived