Self defence on rides

jusbob

f*ck this, I dont even have enough time to enjoy my hobbies, now i need to put some time aside to learn how to bliksum some dude..... 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An old self defence device use to be the walking stick that could pull apart and be a knife.

That about a handlebar that pulls apart as a sward. Sure the weight weenies won't like this but it wont allow the guy to ride off with the bike as there is only half an handlebar but if I see a guy with a sword I'll run.

Sad thing is as soon as the thieves realize we defend ourselves they upgrade their weapons and strategy.

Today they jump in front of you tomorrow you get a bullet from behind. :wacko:

The "do" people who train 4-6 times a week are also apssionate .

That's why I have been one of them for 10 years.....

That's why I have been one of them for 10 years.....

Well if it's just a mere sport and it causes you to lose your combativeness , why still do it ?

This thread has turned into a discussion about who's better...Jean-Claude van Damme or Steven Seagull. 

Here's what you do: 

1. if a guy comes at you with a gun, you give him your bike and hope that you over-insured your bike to allow for an upgrade.
  2. if a guy comes at you with a stick and you cant out-pedal him, you go home, put your bike on Gumtree and buy yourself some balls you wuss.
  3. If a guy comes at you with a stick AND you are over-insured, you give him your bike as well....

Well if it's just a mere sport and it causes you to lose your combativeness , why still do it ?

That's difficult.........   I like the depth (physical, mental fitness) of the art I am practising.  I can see that it has started to reflect in my life........  It makes me a better person? 

Make no mistake ,after the years of training I am sure that I can defend myself (Avoid - run - attack in that order)

This thread has turned into a discussion about who's better...Jean-Claude van Damme or Steven Seagull. 

Here's what you do: 

1. if a guy comes at you with a gun, you give him your bike and hope that you over-insured your bike to allow for an upgrade.
  2. if a guy comes at you with a stick and you cant out-pedal him, you go home, put your bike on Gumtree and buy yourself some balls you wuss.
  3. If a guy comes at you with a stick AND you are over-insured, you give him your bike as well....

I think that's what we said?

If you actually read what was said you would have pulled your neck back a bit and realised that it's not about who is better, it's about getting home alive.

That's difficult.........   I like the depth (physical, mental fitness) of the art I am practising.  I can see that it has started to reflect in my life........  It makes me a better person? 

Make no mistake ,after the years of training I am sure that I can defend myself (Avoid - run - attack in that order

I still disagree with the loss of combativeness , you should be sharp and ready.

Always do live work .

Here's what you do: 

First thing I thought when I saw this thread. BRACE YOURSELF, HERE COME THE FIGHT EXPERTS!

I still disagree with the loss of combativeness , you should be sharp and ready.

Always do live work .

With the loss of combativeness I mean that there are rules.  In combat there are no rules everything goes........ but as you know, one can not train like that......you will run out of partners LOL!

I do agree that one should train in such away that you get from an art, what you would like to get.  Some arts are also more focused on different aspects  - Sport, Defence, tradition etc.

First thing I thought when I saw this thread. BRACE YOURSELF, HERE COME THE FIGHT EXPERTS!

And what are your thoughts now, or did you just decide to throw some demeaning comment in to the mix ?

The summary of the thread thus far, don't fight, or did you miss that ?

Archived