What is your favourite shop in Cape Town?

MarickH

Used to like them but have been put off lately by a very unhelpful attitude from some of the staff.

"I'm looking for these pins for my pedal, do you have stock?"

"No"

Turns and walks away...

I called in at Trail & Tar with the same question and although they didn't have stock they took the time to direct me to a place where I could find the item.

I know who will be getting my business in future.

Couldn't agree more. Went looking for ZTR wheels. They straight out told me the best deal would be from CWC. Instead of trying to rip me off they said they just couldn't match the price. Really appreciate their honesty. My go to place for sure :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Definitely Crown Cycles. Was never my first choice (as its a little further out of my way), but after some absolutely shocking service from a couple of other stores (and the great reviews I had read about Crown) I gave them a try and probably won't go anywhere else in a hurry.

Kurt at Magnet/Speedy cycles...Wynberg...magician when it comes to sram.....as for buying...nothing beats the classifieds on the hub...☺☺☺

If Cajees were in CT they would be my number 1 choice.

Revolution cycles for me, I commute daily and they 2 min walk away from work and they have given me excellent service.

My brother raves about Epic Bike Shop.

Got some good deals from Bridge in the past.

Cwc online rocks.

Crown, bottom of my list

Kurt in Wynberg, Magnet/Speedy cycles is the guy you want working on your bike. Be it road or mtb, this ou knows his stuff.

Forgot about them, I used them often when I stayed in Wynberg, got excellent service from them too

Guest DieBees

Any store but cycles direct. They cant keep deadlines and when questions are asked they run for the hills. The owner has absolutely no backbone. He must rather be a petrol attendant!

Edited by DieBees

Epic Bike Shop. They gave me no attitude when I came in there with wheels and frame bought elsewhere. As a result they sold me a groupset and will be getting all future business from me.

Great advice and helped me research my best option within my budget and needs. no bs.

• 3 weeks later...