[Event] 24 Hour Of Oak Valley

Dirtopia MTB Events

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty wasted right now, and I was just support crew for the PV school team(s).  Slept a total of 10mins.

To those of you that did this solo clocking over 20 laps; I salute you.  You must have some alien DNA, with some bit of crazy mixed in.

To all that did it, congrats.

One of the most fun I've had a a 24hrs in yonks. There cool weather on Saturday was awesome, and the heat today reminded us that it still is Grabouw in summer. The dirtopia team runs a tight ship, thanks guys, you're efforts are well appreciated.

Awesome weather! I'm also a little broken again, massive respect the the men and woman doing it solo!

Awesome weather! I'm also a little broken again, massive respect the the men and woman doing it solo!

And to you for your well deserved 3rd spot. :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

Well done Pansy - great riding. Had a plan and stuck to it. Going to see you next year, or is it still too early to ask? Do I need to add you to my spreadsheet?

I might be biased, but Dirtopia really do put on the best 24hr in SA. The set up this year looked amazing, and seeing the camp site packed made me quite jealous.

Well done to everyone who rode - from the guys on the fat bikes, to the school teams, the old ballies in the 140+ teams to the hardcore solo men and women.

Standing next to you under the gazebo at the finish made me thankful that I did not ride solo  :whistling:

You looked broken!  Massive respect - well done!

I had a great time, can't wait for next year!

My @ss hurts, my knees hurt, my cankle hurts, my hands hurt. I have legburn, concentration problems and eternal hunger. Other than that I'm fine...

Well done to the guys that gave it proper horns and to Meurant for putting on a great show as always. 

Velouria - I did say NEVER again after the race...but I've had time to reflect and I think I should do it again, there are things I can improve on - add me to your spreadsheet! ;) 

Thx Dirtypot, dude, I was massively broken, I could not walk, sit, bend and struggled keeping my eyes open! Luckily had awesome support from all my friends!

Well done to the uni cyclists - what a friends polite bunch of ppl - always going out of there way to let the faster guys pass - well done!

ps. the dude that road me off the narrowest piece of single track - I owe you a PK me friend. 

Velouria - I did say NEVER again after the race...but I've had time to reflect and I think I should do it again, there are things I can improve on - add me to your spreadsheet! ;)

Thx Dirtypot, dude, I was massively broken, I could not walk, sit, bend and struggled keeping my eyes open! Luckily had awesome support from all my friends!

Well done to the uni cyclists - what a friends polite bunch of ppl - always going out of there way to let the faster guys pass - well done!

Ok - no more tips and hints from me. You're on my list of riders to watch.

well organized.  Will never miss this again!  Enjoyed the single track and what can we say about the view!  Well done guys!

Awesome event and we had 2 of the best support people a braai can buy ;).

Couple of things learnt though and will ensure next year's will go a lot better.

Big up to everybody who got medals and to everybody who got podiums. What very interesting to see how the numbers in the transition area and on the trail dwindled into the evening and the next morning.

Will certainly do it again next year.

Yeah big ups to Meurant for the awesome race. And this year not having the 3 hours of oak valley was really good. After 21hours riding it's hard to pull over for the 3hour racers.

Any ideas if and when the photos will be available.... think there might be some cool wall of shame photos... especially from Sunday as we were really knackered by that time.

Archived