2015 Tour de France

Frosty

Great ride by GVA, the nearly man of the classics is the nearly man +1 at le tour.

A really difficult sprint timing wise and distance. The leaders caught the break and opened so far down the track. Sagans second burst and blow once he'd regained Greg's wheel was insane. There is no *simple* stage on this race. Period.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for Sagaan

And I also know it's very tough to win a bike race, never mind a Grand Tour stage.

Everything has to work out just perfectly.

Sagaan has been working like a demon all week. Serving his team. Chasing sprint points.

Van Avermaet must've cherry picked this stage for his win.

Sagaan ran out of legs.

The Belgian was fresh, so to speak.

GO SAGAAAAAN

I feel for Sagaan

And I also know it's very tough to win a bike race, never mind a Grand Tour stage.

Everything has to work out just perfectly.

Sagaan has been working like a demon all week. Serving his team. Chasing sprint points.

Van Avermaet must've cherry picked this stage for his win.

Sagaan ran out of legs.

The Belgian was fresh, so to speak.

GO SAGAAAAAN

Yip not just chasing points but also doing his bit for Bertie.

I quite enjoyed Bert's interview yesterday.

It'll come I am sure.

#TDF2015 Sagan, Pantano and Jungels have bridged to Talansky, Uran, Ladagnoius, Grivko and Plaza. Peloton at 30"

Bakelants is also climbing very well in this leading group. He's just behind Ladagnous and Pinot and could be key for Bardet when it comes to the crunch.

Sagan sitting on the back of the leading group. The finishing ramp may be a bit too difficult for him but he's ensured a few more days in the green jersey by winning the intermediate sprint.

There are riders losing touch with the peloton. Greipel and Farrar have been distanced. Greipel was involved in the crash in the opening five kilometres.

The French president Francois Hollande has made an appearance. Christian Prudhomme's car stops and the president gets in. Will the French be able to deliver him a stage win?

“It's too early to predict what will happen between the GC contenders in Mende. I know this climb. I have good memories there [stage wins at Paris-Nice in 2007 and 2010]. I feel good. Today we might learn something more about the favorites. The heat has made this Tour very hard for everyone and some riders can pay for it today. If it rains at the end, it can change something on GC. I'll be very attentive. I'm not yet in the situation to tell what my goal is for this Tour de France. It's still very open. Anything can happen in the Alps.”

'Berto

Confirmation has come through that Steve Morabito has suffered a broken collarbone as a result of the earlier crash. Another rider that abandoned today is Ramon Sinkledam, due to illness.

Vincenzo Nibali has had a very challenging Tour de France defense. He's still clinging onto a top 10 position though and he says that he will continue to fight on through the remainder of the Tour.

It's not just Sky that will be keen to make sure that this break doesn't stay away for the whole day. Joaquim Rodríguez could be on for his third stage win today if they can bring the escapees back. Alejandro Valverde is another contender for the victory.

The escape group have passed through the KOM marker on this climb. They've got a few little ups and downs before they reach the descent proper though. Will someone be brave enough to go there. Surely it's too early.

It's a hot day and the riders are drinking a lot. Things nearly go awry for a Europcar rider when he tries to take a bidon from a member of his team and he veers across the road.