2015 Tour de France

Frosty

With 90km to go the escapees have 4:03 on the Giant-Alpecin led peloton and they're about to hit the lumpiest part of the stage.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three classified climbs today, two thirds and a fourth category. There is a very steep ramp at the finish too. It's going to be tough for the pure sprinters to make it through today but perhaps the likes of John Degenkolb and Alexander Kristoff can take their first stage win of this year's Tour.

After getting a bit of respite from the heat yesterday when the rain came, it's another hot day on the Tour de France and the riders keep going back to the cars to get some ice to shove down their jerseys.

A mechanical problem for Cyril Gautier and he's been forced to chase back onto the escape group. He's getting a little bit of help from the cars to make it back through.

Gautier is finally back with the breakaway group. The effort was hot work and he's dumped the contents of one of his bidons on his head.

And nibbles had a mechanical and now rejoins in the 2e group

Edited by Gen

Astana teammates dropped back to help nibbles and now the 2e group have bridged to the first group.

PERAUD still trying to rejoin.. but is spending a lot of time by the dr's car...

Oi.. they are going to have to put an age restriction on this stage.. if peraud wasn't circumcised before, he may be now.[emoji85]

Edited by Gen

Peraud is back at the medical car getting some attention for his wounds, but the road rash is fairly massive.

Now Nibali has a puncture! His wheel change is pretty slow, and he's got the second half of the split peloton to jump into to chase back on.