Thaba 24 Hour entries are open.

Wendell

So we are 24 hour veteran attendees and its our year end boys party. Mighty peed off that its not going to happen.

Thaba is the alternative but i have mixed reviews on the suitability of the camping site. PLus the routes are notoriously up and down and technical rather than like VG's 24 houre route which is what I judge all on.

Thaba is unknown to us soft boys from the North. 

WE need an honest Souffern Boy to tell us its Kiff.

Can someone help me wrt the following:

1.) Camping - (we do sleep) - will you have a campsite or will the oke three tents down with a bad snoring problem keep you all awake. I hear its a gravel parking lot? Can you set up a nice site and have a camp fire and some hot chocolate with rum and talk twak to your mates or is it not conducive to a nice night out like VG was ?

2.) Entry?

3.) Route ?

Hello IQ of 2.

We build the race village in such a way that the race runs right through it...Snoring? well that's nature and not much we can do with this. The grass is struggling but the camp site is being raked and made as smooth as possible. We hope to get an invite..for the hot chocolate and camp site chat...come ride on Wednesday and see for yourself..oh, we do have other sites NOT on race route where you can create your own VIBE.... Entry is R250 ( I think) The route is an interesting 7 km and NOT technical.. anyone making a technical 24 hour trail needs his head read...it must be fun for EVERYONE...The route is marked BUT for now it rides anti-clockwise and on race day it will be clockwise...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@wendell,we entered a team of four,how big is the stands for the camping,because i will be bringing my tent along,also,will the vehicles be parked seperate,or will one vehicle be allowed on the camping stand?

@wendell,we entered a team of four,how big is the stands for the camping,because i will be bringing my tent along,also,will the vehicles be parked seperate,or will one vehicle be allowed on the camping stand?

Hi Corrie,

You park your vehicle at the tent. There are different size camp sites but they are based on 7x7 meters. It is going to be a blast

CHOC....CHOC.....CHOC...all the profits will go to CHOC....think of it being a small Christmas wish come true....

Please guys..you asked for this event...we are working on a shoe string. We need you to enter so we can provide the ususl Thaba Hospitality...we don't want to let a single person go hungry..

There are a few days left before the ONLY 24 hour left this year. I have plenty of space but I need to get numbers to ensure that you are fed properly. There are always complaints about the organizers.. but if we don't have numbers we cannot present a great event. 

I have heard so many riders saying that they are riding...so where are the entries?? 

ALL PROCEEDS TO GO TO CHOC....are you going to help us reach our target of R5000??

Rode a few laps today, thanks Wends! Fun course, nothing dangerous but I guess a few sections that will bite the legs as the hours pass but that's how a 24hr course should be :)

For those worried about how 'technical' it is I just rode a 23min lap in the dark and I am not a technical rider nor even remotely 'fast' ...... A lot of effort has been put in to the trail to make it enjoyable for all!

post-271-1417635972,1155.jpg

Looks awesome - I wish I could enter...

Work function mid day and Lumineers in the evening...

Does 'The nerd' need a late-comer team mate for Sunday AM?

Come on guys- let's support the best trail centre/ trail builder in JHB!!

Mrbaker, come ride it solo. In this way you can ride with anyone out there..even me! I am doing 3 x 4 hour stints if my organizing duty allows ...it's for a good cause and....oh so much fun.

Come ride solo.

Edit: There'll be a number of us riding solo with no intention of challenging for the podium. There'll be a compulsory beer stop every couple of laps

Come ride solo.

Edit: There'll be a number of us riding solo with no intention of challenging for the podium. There'll be a compulsory beer stop every couple of laps

Now you speaking my Language.

I'll be sure to look out for you lot wobbling around the course after a few hours and take a 'wide berth' so to speak ;)

Archived