Trans Baviaans 2015

hboli4

Those people wanting the gpx file, pm me your email and I'll send it through. 

Just remember having the nav function on does use up the battery life.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, all good now, thanks... Just had the MOTHER of all headaches the entire Sunday - presumably from having been a bit up the creek.

Went for a jog this morning  because "all felt fine" and I started to get itchy. Liewe ouers! Still zilch in the legs! It's only when you actually do something that you realise how far gone you actually still are. 

Actually going to the doc tomorrow to see whether there's not something amiss somewhere.  At this stage hydration is the main suspect... but this is not the first time this has happened. Can't continue like this, so if there's a imbalance or some deficiency somewhere, why not simply address it?! It's not as if I haven't trained... 

Velo, that was an awesome read!  :thumbup: Well done for pushing through.

Yeah, all good now, thanks... Just had the MOTHER of all headaches the entire Sunday - presumably from having been a bit up the creek.

Went for a jog this morning because "all felt fine" and I started to get itchy. Liewe ouers! Still zilch in the legs! It's only when you actually do something that you realise how far gone you actually still are.

Actually going to the doc tomorrow to see whether there's not something amiss somewhere. At this stage hydration is the main suspect... but this is not the first time this has happened. Can't continue like this, so if there's a imbalance or some deficiency somewhere, why not simply address it?! It's not as if I haven't trained...

Velo, that was an awesome read! [emoji106] Well done for pushing through.

Thanks SeaBee. I've been scratching my head too, trying to figure out what went wrong. The best I can come up with is that it was just a bad day. I even got a KOM in the first hour ;)

It does go to show that you do need a bit of luck to ride that near perfect race, and how quickly it can all go wrong.

Seems like a lekker race.

Sorry lots of pages, maybe i missed it.

Anyone do it on SS?

Yes, there was a guy from Stellenbosch on a rigid single speed. And he didn't finish that far after us.

Really enjoyable read. I also read all the previous years AGAIN.

Thanks Peter Pumkinhead. Part of the reason I enjoy crazy races like this one - the stories to tell afterwards are always so interesting.

Thanks Francois, nice write. Just done my first ride last weekend, what a amazing ride. Will be back next year.

Thanks Francois, nice write. Just done my first ride last weekend, what a amazing ride. Will be back next year.

Thanks GAP.  Yes I was undecided this year and although I was offered an entry 2 weeks before, just didn't feel ready.  I'll be back next year.

wat n ervaring!!! mooiste natuurskoon, baie goed georganiseerd, laaste 10km was net baie taai!!

wat n ervaring!!! mooiste natuurskoon, baie goed georganiseerd, laaste 10km was net baie taai!!

Ja nee kyk daardie laaste 10km langs spoorlyn was net mooi die cherry op die koek gewees. 1 van ons mede ryers het 3 keer daarso neergeslaan en lekker "groot woorde" met n pg18 geskel. Dit was voorwaar baie lekker en n hengse ervaring gewees, vanoggend gesê nooit weer nie, maar ek dink tog ek sal laaik van daardie hout bord met die Baviaans embleem op. So ja, seker maar weer terug volgende jaar maar ek sal definitief beter voorbereid wees wat oefening betref en ek sal spanmaats mooi uitcheck en seker maak voor ons inskryf. Daai MAC was amper n killer gewees en die Never ender het my so amper gebreek. 16h54min gery met maks 87km se oefen[emoji33] 130-2

Haha BSG gaan ook nie vandag besluite neem oor die volgende een nie.. julle tyd goed vir die hoeveelheid oefening! ons was net span van 2 en tyd 13h20. nooit eers geweet mens se liggaam kan so iets reg kry nie.

Archived