Spez sworks Renegade bubbles

Room Service

Anybody have a clue why a spez sworks Renegade 29x1.95 would get "balloons" popping out of the tyre while inflated? It's like it is sprouting tits.

Because Spez mtb tyres are not designed to be put on a rim. They should be hung on the wall. Take that rubbish off your bike and get some real mtb rubber, continental is my poison, but just about everything is better than spaz mtb tyres

sidewalss are vrot - take it back to the shop for a replacement.

Don't buy s-works tyres - they're too soft.

bull****..i ride spez

I live in George and regularly ride in Karoo area

Have gotten more flats with icons than Spez

Its all about lines.

Think you might have a default tyre..how old is it?

Does it stand for long times?

3 sets of spaz tyres including sworks and no probs here. 

I experienced bubbling on a maxxis crossmark ust before changing over to spaz.

3 sets of spaz tyres including sworks and no probs here. 

I experienced bubbling on a maxxis crossmark ust before changing over to spaz.

Had the same issue on Maxxis Crossmark and just happened with the wifes bike to.

Multiple Sets of Spez tyres........... Not 1 SINGLE issue. They are the best Value for money on the market currently......... Best I tell you

Because Spez mtb tyres are not designed to be put on a rim. They should be hung on the wall. Take that rubbish off your bike and get some real mtb rubber, continental is my poison, but just about everything is better than spaz mtb tyres

BS, buddy! 

Spez tyres are bloody brilliant!

OP, it might just be a tyre from a bad batch or have some kind of manufacturing defect. Take it back to Spez for a replacement.

Do you want to qualify that statement?

I've known Maxxis to do this but generally only when they are well used and with plenty of tar use. Still prefer them over most brands

What crap had Spez rubber for 2 years and no issues,you can get a Conti rubber that give you crap as well.

I love my Specialized tyres, the only problem I had was when replacing my rear tyre with the "sworks" version because they did not have the normal version in stock, got a sidewall cut very 1st race, I was warned it would happen, lesson leaned. 

I love my Specialized tyres, the only problem I had was when replacing my rear tyre with the "sworks" version because they did not have the normal version in stock, got a sidewall cut very 1st race, I was warned it would happen, lesson leaned.

same thing happened to me....... but about 1000km later. The sworks has a thin side wall to save weight.

Crap.

I have done 1500km of races with my Spez tyres including K2C, Oudtshoorn, races in rocky Robertson without  even a puncture. 

I agree with Tunariaan, look where you going.

Archived