Tokai riders..

sawystertrance

Riding time = 24 mins from home to Tokai, 1 hour to the mast, 15 mins to ride down & 21 mins to get home.

Amount of riding time granted by wife = 2 hours. As soon as I can take a nice chunk of time of the rest of my ride I will hit the singletrack until then, I will leave it to the baggy pant brigade

Being 10minutes late and in trouble with your wife............is worth ever meter of single track in Tokai!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people feel that they are entitled to more than others.....why? I don't know, lack of manners or courtesy perhaps?  Might feel that they have spend (money / time in saddle) more than you therefore they are entitled to more space, respect, admiration? 

In the end don't let it bother you and enjoy your ride........ it could have been worse - you could have been one of them.

Reminds me of someone I knew training for ironman. He openly said that if he is swimming at gym and a slower person is sharing his lane he just swims over them and they soon get out.  

I asked him if he had more right to the pool than another club member and he said yes, he is training for ironman.

Sorry to the granny who is just trying to keep arthritis at bay they certainly aren't entitled to space, respect or admiration.

Reminds me of someone I knew training for ironman. He openly said that if he is swimming at gym and a slower person is sharing his lane he just swims over them and they soon get out.  

I asked him if he had more right to the pool than another club member and he said yes, he is training for ironman.

Sorry to the granny who is just trying to keep arthritis at bay they cetainily aren't entiltled to space, respect or admiration.

That's Ironman with a capital I, please

Riding time = 24 mins from home to Tokai, 1 hour to the mast, 15 mins to ride down & 21 mins to get home.

Amount of riding time granted by wife = 2 hours. As soon as I can take a nice chunk of time of the rest of my ride I will hit the singletrack until then, I will leave it to the baggy pant brigade

Take a chance once every second week and ride up the single track at a good pace/effort and then take the ST down again .... the effort required to ride up technical ST will be great training for you and then you get to ride some ST coming down and being able to work on your tech skills again...........come on, live a little.

If you are running short on time, start cycling really early before the wife wakes up and score another hour or so now in summer.

If you are running short on time, start cycling really early before the wife wakes up and score another hour or so now in summer.

.......and as a great mate of mine said "When in s.h.!.t make it worthwhile!" :thumbup:

Sorry to the granny who is just trying to keep arthritis at bay they certainly aren't entitled to space, respect or admiration.

That's Ironman with a capital I, please

I don't understand why these Ironingmen are so aggressive in the pool!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/19/article-2132069-12AA9055000005DC-214_634x403.jpg

or maybe learn to ride the single track down a bit faster and keep within your time limits while also having FUN:-). And get some baggies - they help protect your legs whether you crash on jeep or single track. 

How long does the single track take?  Is your wife really sitting there with a stop watch waiting for you?
Weak unjustifiable reason.

All this talk about Tokai riders and the Jeep tracks.....let me go right now and see what all the fuss is about!!..See ya later suckers!

or maybe learn to ride the single track down a bit faster and keep within your time limits while also having FUN:-). And get some baggies - they help protect your legs whether you crash on jeep or single track. 

best thing about baggies = protection...even if you are racing on a grond pad they will save you some skin!

All this talk about Tokai riders and the Jeep tracks.....let me go right now and see what all the fuss is about!!..See ya later suckers!

http://www.foundalis.com/bio/zoo/donkey.jpg

Another 2 things I don't get: 
1. Why are people so damn unfriendly while passing someone??? Apparently it costs a lot of oxygen to just say Hello, 'Sup or whatever floats your boat. I am not asking you to be my friend just an acknowledgement of, dude your a MTB'er. (I am working on a hypothesis I want to test during a race... Say hello to everyone, watch the racing snakes fall off their bikes from the shock of being greeted and well win...)
2. Pull that stick out your behind(so your neck may move) and stop judging the guy riding the same trails as you... Yes I ride a hardtail, it may only have 100mm of travel but that does not mean I must wear lycra (Baggies FTW!), yes it is 2.2 tyres front and rear, yes the stem is 60mm and the bars are wide, no the bike did not cost me 100k, but yes i'll probably still kick your arse down the trail... IT'S HOW I LIKE TO RIDE MY BIKE YOU FOOL... All of us are not racing snakes you know.

It's sad. back in the day when MTB was not as big as it is today we used to be a friendly happy bunch that had appreciation and respect for one another by the mere fact that we all shared a common "happy place"... 

my 2c

Another 2 things I don't get: 

1. Why are people so damn unfriendly while passing someone??? Apparently it costs a lot of oxygen to just say Hello, 'Sup or whatever floats your boat. I am not asking you to be my friend just an acknowledgement of, dude your a MTB'er. (I am working on a hypothesis I want to test during a race... Say hello to everyone, watch the racing snakes fall off their bikes from the shock of being greeted and well win...)

2. Pull that stick out your behind(so your neck may move) and stop judging the guy riding the same trails as you... Yes I ride a hardtail, it may only have 100mm of travel but that does not mean I must wear lycra (Baggies FTW!), yes it is 2.2 tyres front and rear, yes the stem is 60mm and the bars are wide, no the bike did not cost me 100k, but yes i'll probably still kick your arse down the trail... IT'S HOW I LIKE TO RIDE MY BIKE YOU FOOL... 

It's sad. back in the day when MTB was not as big as it is today we used to be a friendly happy bunch that had appreciation and respect for one another by the mere fact that we all shared a common "happy place"... 

my 2c

I  miss that happy place........

This is one of the silliest reasons to avoid singletrack I've ever seen. Why don't you ride 80% of the way to the mast, and use the saved time to build your technical skills and overall body strength descending the ST? It's guaranteed that you'll get way fitter nailing it down the ST for that "lost" time than you'll ever gain freewheeling down the jeep track at dangerous speeds.

How long does the single track take?  Is your wife really sitting there with a stop watch waiting for you?

Weak unjustifiable reason.

No, it was something of a tongue in cheek reply. Where I was going is that sometimes there are time pressures and you need to get of the mountain ASAP. Other times it is too wet to ride the singletrack and you need to stick to the jeep track to avoid damaging the trails.

Archived