The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

Sadly kingskloof is no longer open

I see its still closed after riding past this weekend.

Breedts- nek then all the way!!!!!!

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody must be training "flat out" hence the silence!!!

Team MHB starting to pick up the distance now,strongs with your training

Hope I'm doing enough... Is it possible to do enough if you're also part of the worker's class??

Hope I'm doing enough... Is it possible to do enough if you're also part of the worker's class??

I do believe so,it is a case of managing your time during the week,fortunately my partner is also my wife so it does make it easier.

We are a group of 4 training together and during the week we are on the bikes by 03h50 to put in 2 hours before going to work.

How is everyone's training coming along? I'm following the training guide from fittrack and hope I can use that as a guide, I have done the Transbaviaans in 2013 and 2014 and did the first half of the 36One last year, this year I'm hoping to go all the way buy doing the full.  All that I can remember from last year was that it was cold at night, I almost fell of the bike a couple of times due to falling asleep (was cycling all alone with no company from about 120km - 180km)

This year I also have someone that will do it with me (both entries solo's but going to work together)

Seems like there will be more riders than last year.

Did the 24hr oakvalley to see where my training's at. Got 386kms with 8226mt climbing in 24hrs. Seems I'm on track.

So that means you should take about 22hrs to do 36One [emoji12]

Hopefully you can give that Belgian a go and stop him from winning our races.

Been tough to fit the hours in - work, kids & summer heat. Averaging 6 hours a week for the last three months, gonna increase to 8hrs till end of March. Hope that is okay. First time doing a mtb race over 105ks so should be interesting!

At the moment around 13 -15hrs on a good week....well, that is where I am at? I'm hoping at this point it is good enough....... :unsure:

Hi All,

I would like to do 150 - 200km sessions on some weekends. Any ideas on routes that is possible around Gauteng hopefully mostly on dirt.

Im Dutch... Just saying!