The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

I know it wasn't full but how bright was that moon. In the first quarter when the moon was behind us & I was last rider in the bunch I kept looking behind me to see it if it was a car creeping up

Behind us.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Failed miserably last year with a DNF......own fault....because no where near the amount of training I did for this year.

Went, a man on a mission this year but unraveled badly from Rooiberg onward......Yet!! I got my finish after taking prolonged time to recover at CP3....

May not have been the 24hrs I hoped for but riding into the finish at 9.04pm Saturday night with family, race organizers and announcers at the finish line to welcome me in was the most memorable occasion!

This race is hard, sometimes insane as well as lonely at times but it's all a mind game! The organization, water points, medics, volunteers were world class!! Hats off!!

Will I be back?.......most definitely!

At the moment I'm between two biggies - Joburg2c and the 360ne.. 

Please hubbers, which one do you suggest I do next year?

I now have done both. J2c twice and 361 once. J2c is an awesome race, with long hard days but always I think manageable. The 361 however is a mind tester, especially after 280km. This is were the pain and determination really starts getting to you. This is a race, or event testing your own strength, and I am glad I listened to past finishers comments and advice as it prepared me for a lot of the unknown. So my personal opinion is 361 is much harder.

Oh man, I think i chowed a whole Ostrich with all the kebabs I ate after the race at the tent. Waterpoints were awesome. I will just change one thing. Next time I'm flying down. Driving 17h back to Mpumalanga ain't fun...

Oh man, I think i chowed a whole Ostrich with all the kebabs I ate after the race at the tent. Waterpoints were awesome. I will just change one thing. Next time I'm flying down. Driving 17h back to Mpumalanga ain't fun...

Nice pic of you on the 36One vleisboek page

This was a epic ride my 2 lows were after checkpoint 1- I missed the  group that riding with up to that point. But I did ride them in later on.

The other was the long drag to Calitsdorp ,man that checkpoint just would not appear. Once I did sit down for some serious chow and 3 cups of tea and milk I was like HTF am I going to tackle the last monster.

Well Got on the bike and pulled out with a mate I found in the stop and got riding, its amazing once the food kicks in that you feel---Nooit I can do this.

Those bastard hills hurts badly but the downhill run makes up for it at the end.

If you going to tackle this beast, start slow, we were right at the back and just cruised the first 100ks.

Every ounce of energy saved in the early stages pulls you home in the end.

And some tears of joy as you enter Kleinplaas ---(ek is nie skaam om te se daar was traane nie)

Thanks Fanievb. But I looked like crap ha ha ha ha

i said the pic was nice (doesn't necessarily include the model)  :whistling:  :whistling:  :ph34r:  :P

i said the pic was nice (doesn't necessarily include the model)  :whistling:  :whistling:  :ph34r:  :P

Ha ha ha ha ha ha,  :clap: