Most Exciting Grand tour...

Jason

Which is the most exciting Grand Tour? This poll from Eurosport.com

20060914_061340_Grandtour.jpg

The Vuelta has been pretty interesting this year especially the last few days with Vino trying to make or well is making a statement. He snatched the lead from Valverde and leads now by 9 seconds. What do you guys think? I still think the tour is the biggest one out of the Giro and Vuelta but will this change.

For the last few years the Tour has been the least exciting. LAs retirement changed that. The Tour and Vuelta have both been incredible, and should be great adverts for cycling... except for the drugs cloud.

Vino/ Valverde ...pleeeease let the one who isn't on drugs win, just for a change.

I've always enjoyed the Giro the most. That is the Italian one, not South African. The fact the y they actually goes through snowt spots in the mountains is cool (pardon the pun).

The Vuelta is turning out to be very interesting ,as long as Valverde winsLOL

I hope they bring out a good dvd of this one ,can't wait.

i havent seen anything of the giro, tour or vuelta this year....just the online live updates eheheh

Yes nochain, todays the last big mountain stage and for me this is where Valverde has to make a move if he wants to win the Vuelta.

The next few stages are nothing really and I can't see Valverde or Vino putting time in each other after today. Today's stage has a out of category finish but we all know what Vino is like... he fights to the end and his better than Valverde at TT although Valverde didn't have such a bad TT the last time. Can't wait to see what happens today. Go Valverde! Evil%20Smile

and again no TV coverage apart from the "outtakes" we get to see on supercycling.

live.cyclingews.com is going to get me fired for all the bandwidth usage!

GO SASTRE!

was nice to watch the GIRO live on RAI - just a pity about the italian soundtrack!

Dr. Seuss' date=' try this link http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/vuelta-a-espana/2006/ much better and you use more bandwidth Big%20smile[/quote']

o sh*t!  might get fired sooner than i figured - more time for cycling!

Access to http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/vuelta-a-espana/2006/ has been blocked by WebMarshal?

Access to this site was blocked by the rule 'Block Sports'.

Your attempt to access this site has been recorded.

Contact your WebMarshal administrator if you need access to this site for business purposes.

Must be one of the podium girls boobies that are sticking out... oh well... I'll take your position...get fired as well and join you cycling Big%20smile

Ihave always enjoyed the Giro more than the tour for a number of reasons reasons -

1)The Giro has better scenery.

2)The giro has prettier podium girls.

3)The Giro organisers are not scared to mix up the stages, big mountains after three days etc.

4)The racing in the giro is better.

5)The Giro did not have L.A.

6)The Giro has the gorgeous young lady dressed as an angel. 

7)The Giro is not dictated to by the media like the TDF so they can arrange stages and finishes as they like.

8)The Giro didnt have L.A - Oh sorry - mentioned that already.Wink

Vino is having a great ride and he deserves to take this one he really does not know how to give up!!

I still think that Valverde is in a class of his own , one must remember that he broke his collarbone only 3 months ago!!

He is also still very young so his time will come.Can't wait to see him and Cunego battling it out in a year or two.Clap

Ihave always enjoyed the Giro more than the tour for a number of reasons reasons -

1)The Giro has better scenery.

2)The giro has prettier podium girls.

3)The Giro organisers are not scared to mix up the stages' date=' big mountains after three days etc.

4)The racing in the giro is better.

5)The Giro did not have L.A.

6)The Giro has the gorgeous young lady dressed as an angel. 

7)The Giro is not dictated to by the media like the TDF so they can arrange stages and finishes as they like.

8)The Giro didnt have L.A - Oh sorry - mentioned that already.Wink
[/quote']

9) the Giro was won 3 times by Cannondale

You forgot one widget. The Giro didnt have L.A. Evil%20Smile

The Tour is fashionable and because of that has bigger names. Only reasons why everybody thinks it is greater than the other tours. Vuelta and especially the Giro RULE!