The Hub 2014 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Slowbee

The meeting place is the Dolphin beach hotel at 09H00. We are heading up the beach road to Big Bay, some 5km or so. But where in Big Bay can we go as I dont know the area well at all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Slowbee is talking about the end??

I may be confused

you are correct I was talking about at the end.

Thought meeting point was at the parking next to the Dolphin Beach hotel. Lets not confuse this now!

you are correct the meeting point is at the dolphin beach hotel.

just need to know the name of a shop at the end (big bay) where the kids can wait for us to arrive with our goodies

Get them to meet us in front of Moyo on the grass at Eden on the Bay. Easiest to find!

(I certainly intend getting a banana milkshake from the Eden Cafe though....) :w00t: :drool:

I have got my present sorted:

post-19421-0-58989800-1418287612_thumb.jpg

Finding something small enough to cycle with was the hard part, I had to put the blackboard back on the shelf  :blush:

Hey Guys

Have alot of work today, will try look in at lunch.

But end point is at Moyo at eden on the bay ?

We can then look at coffee or banana milk shakes at Eden ?

Just realised that through December madness I missed this ride....In the back of my mind or was to be next weekend.

How did it pan out?

Turnout was pretty disapointing, but thank you to the hubbers that did pitch.

A good amount of toys was donated to the chosen charity, so it was still a successfull day.

For those of you who had a legitimate excuse not to make it, hope to see you next year. For those just too lazy or had "something better to do" for that hour other than helping the less fortunate...you all need a swift kick in the manhood region.

Was a great morning spent with the hubbers who did make a effort to come. It gives me great pleasure to do this every year. I often give to charity via internet banking but its something else when you do it face to face, very humbling 

I'm obviously not spending enough time on The Hub as I only saw this last night! Sorry I missed it and well done to all involved.

Archived