[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

So many errors found during the seeding run for those already entered.

ID numbers after the first 6 digits entered as a zero, zero, zero, etc., doesn't work well with a lookup formula. Lots of midnight candles required.

If anyone complains about their seeding on this forum... rather speak to me first before complaining.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if we can collect our race numbers on race day? We are from far and this is becoming an expensive exercise.

Does anyone know if we can collect our race numbers on race day? We are from far and this is becoming an expensive exercise.

I'm not sure but I agree with you, I HATE having to take time off work to trek all the way out to CL to register. But this race had a delivery option, Maybe for you it might have been a good money saving option.

Yes, you can collect on the day, from 05:00 - but licensed cyclists (for reasons beyond the organisers control) have to collect... Race officials' rules, not ours.

Yes, you can collect on the day, from 05:00 - but licensed cyclists (for reasons beyond the organisers control) have to collect... Race officials' rules, not ours.

I have used the courier service last year and the Wednesday before the race received my race number. 

I trust we will have the same good service this year . . . :ph34r:

I have used the courier service last year and the Wednesday before the race received my race number. 

I trust we will have the same good service this year . . . :ph34r:

I hope so too - if it worked last year, no reason for it to be any different this time.

I will do just that. Thanks for all the replies to my question. See you then.

Online entries are now closed.

edit: late entries can be done at registration from Thursday to Saturday.

Seeding to be finalised later today/tomorrow.

Goody bags to be packed on Saturday.

I'm racing Sunday, so no thinking about next week until Monday morning.

Final race briefing on Tuesday night.

Registration and number collection starting from Thursday

Pack signs and transport equipment to Carnival City on Friday

Sweep race route, fill potholes, spray marking on the roads and erect route signs on Saturday

Finalise last minute equipment, fencing, and final route check on Sunday (before sunrise) and then we good to go.

Sounds easy, now to get some work (that pays the bills) done.

Thanks for all the info and effort

Don't see anything on your list about the couriering of race numbers, when should one be expecting those?

If we ordered a chip will this be registered or do we have to take it somewhere as the Championchip website can't find anything registered to my details as of yet?

Thanks for all the info and effort

Don't see anything on your list about the couriering of race numbers, when should one be expecting those? That is organised by the timing company. Expect to receive from Wednesday onwards.

If we ordered a chip will this be registered or do we have to take it somewhere as the Championchip website can't find anything registered to my details as of yet? The chip will be registered to your ID number. You can then update the personal details on their website.

I've got a meeting with timing company (hopefully tomorrow afternoon) - I'll get clarity and then confirm.

I've got a meeting with timing company (hopefully tomorrow afternoon) - I'll get clarity and then confirm.

Said meeting didn't happen.

But I do know they wanted to get everything finalised as soon as possible.

Archived