[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Done a late entry. Cant I just gooi myself in an earlier group. Or are they strickt on disqualifications. Or maybe I must just ride without my timing chip in earlier group with same ability and just take it as a training ride for CTCT. Any taughts. :-)

Do the right thing! Start at the back and work your way through. Good training and a good reminder.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to take a photo of the temporary road signs.

Here we're blocking out the 100km/h signs - speed reduced to 60km/h on the R42 (Heidelberg to Nigel)

post-1372-1424539417,3121.jpg

Some fun, by some of the members, while prepping the roads fir tomorrow.

post-1372-1424539437,5277.jpg

Hot spot marking for Elites

post-1372-1424539536,6862.jpg

Well done GW on an excellent hosted race, cant find a single fault, ok the stretch around Vosloorus was sketchy, but it was well marked for potholes and there were marshals at the hazardous sections. The road closure stretch along R23 before turning to Carnival  was vast improvement on previous years. 

The best organised race (under 20000 cyclists) I have ever done. Massive improvement in safety. Everything from number delivery to parking marshals was meticulously planned. Big Thumbs Up.

Even organising a breeze to help with CTCT prep...

Well done on an awesome event. Well marked, marshalled, hosted... everything, really enjoyed it. Will be back for this one next year!

Good race, well organized, hopefully that section of road will be upgraded by next year... The wind was a sufferfest, felt it more than in previous years. Good race all round!

Stretch between Heidelberg and Nigel we had someone riding in front of a coal truck slowing them down to about 30kms/ hour and all the cars behind them had to follow suit, felt so much safer, especially after seeing the tree that's been planted on the side of that stretch in memory of the cyclist killed last year

Thanks Gerald and Team. I had a blast. Very well organized. 

Will be back for more punishment.

Hi guys,

Did anyone manage to pick up a GoPro today at the Carnival City Macsteel Classic.

It came off my bike shortly after the start, where the road was under construction and incredibly bumpy. I was riding in group BL

Please let me know guys, I would really appreciate it.

Contact details are details are:

• Michael Frantzeskou
  • 082 613 3667

Thanks everyone.

The best organised race (under 20000 cyclists) I have ever done. Massive improvement in safety. Everything from number delivery to parking marshals was meticulously planned. Big Thumbs Up.

Even organising a breeze to help with CTCT prep...

Agree with this 100%.

Everything just worked, great day out! Well done and thank you to Gerald and team [emoji106]

Well done Wheelers, angreat effort and result from you again.

Even the vip tent was relatively free of riff-raff.

Archived