Stretch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished serial - thoroughly enjoyed

recent podcast subscriptions are criminal and strangers

I was actually quite disappointed. Set quite a high expectation in the early episodes, but just really faded out....got to the final one, and......that's it??

Sounds like season 2 is happening, just hope they get a more interesting case and less...duh, that was so long ago i can't remember.

in other news, nik rabinowitz' week that wasn't is quite cool - available on 702/567 download page http://www.702.co.za/podcast/podcasts.asp

I was actually quite disappointed. Set quite a high expectation in the early episodes, but just really faded out....got to the final one, and......that's it??

Sounds like season 2 is happening, just hope they get a more interesting case and less...duh, that was so long ago i can't remember.

in other news, nik rabinowitz' week that wasn't is quite cool - available on 702/567 download page http://www.702.co.za/podcast/podcasts.asp

i listened to it in 2 days over the course of 12 hours of driving so got it all in one shot...I think it was the better way to listen to it as opposed to week by week..where you may lose track of things. In the beginning i was expecting a conclusion...but as it went on I realised it wasn't going to happen

On the whole though, I was really impressed with the narrative and the presentation of facts. A very professional and captivating series

• 2 months later...

it's been an ENTIRE month since the last bugle podcast. I'm going to get trevor noah to kick John Oliver's ass for me next 

• 7 months later...

Radiolab is king

Dabbled with: Freakonomics, This American Life, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin, SModcast.

The ZAR one is interesting interviews for local economy and state of nation etc.

They do take up a lot of time though!

Radiolab is king

Dabbled with: Freakonomics, This American Life, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin, SModcast.

The ZAR one is interesting interviews for local economy and state of nation etc.

They do take up a lot of time though!

only listen in the car - thats about 4 hours of driving every week

Another good one I have just started is Hardcore History - busy with the series title "the wrath of Khan" 

Not sure If I mentioned Criminal previously which is also excellent

Another good one I have just started is Hardcore History - busy with the series title "the wrath of Khan" 

Not sure If I mentioned Criminal previously which is also excellent

You will enjoy the series - Hardcore History.

I was an avid podcast fan and listened to them in the car on my long journeys around SA. But I have since discovered the joys of audiobooks, which keep me more entertained on long trips.

A wonderful source for audiobooks: http://audiobookbay.cc/ . It is a torrent site, but I use it to vet a book, or series of books, before I order them from iTunes or Amazon.

• 5 months later...

discovered another great podcast. Beautiful stories from Anonymous people

http://www.earwolf.com/show/beautiful-anonymous/

"1 phone call. 1 hour. No names. No holds barred. That’s the premise behind Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People, hosted by comedian Chris Gethard (the Chris Gethard Show, Broad City, This American Life, and one of Time Out’s “10 best comedians of 2015”). Every week, Chris opens the phone line to one anonymous caller, and he can’t hang up first, no matter what. From shocking confessions and family secrets to philosophical discussions and shameless self-promotion, anything can and will happen! "

discovered another great podcast. Beautiful stories from Anonymous people

http://www.earwolf.com/show/beautiful-anonymous/

"1 phone call. 1 hour. No names. No holds barred. That’s the premise behind Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People, hosted by comedian Chris Gethard (the Chris Gethard Show, Broad City, This American Life, and one of Time Out’s “10 best comedians of 2015”). Every week, Chris opens the phone line to one anonymous caller, and he can’t hang up first, no matter what. From shocking confessions and family secrets to philosophical discussions and shameless self-promotion, anything can and will happen! "

Thanks for this one strtch, listened to the first ep on the way home.

Very strangely this is quite intriguing. Will give ep2 a go in the morning on the way to work.

Thanks for this one strtch, listened to the first ep on the way home.

Very strangely this is quite intriguing. Will give ep2 a go in the morning on the way to work.

The guy that hosts is really good at engaging the people that phone in and controlling the follow of the conversation while still letting them say what they want to say. I have done three episodes now and they all all been different and interesting

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

The guy that hosts is really good at engaging the people that phone in and controlling the follow of the conversation while still letting them say what they want to say. I have done three episodes now and they all all been different and interesting

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Serious rabbit hole this....

I have been looking into the Host Chris Gethard, his other work is really not my scene, but these phone calls are very interesting.

It's kinda voyeurism, where you can listen to a slither of other people's lives. But like you say, he really knows how to get the little bit of extra from the callers.

On Ep 7 at the moment.

Serious rabbit hole this....

I have been looking into the Host Chris Gethard, his other work is really not my scene, but these phone calls are very interesting.

It's kinda voyeurism, where you can listen to a slither of other people's lives. But like you say, he really knows how to get the little bit of extra from the callers.

On Ep 7 at the moment.

ja - I think he is quite intelligent and that's the reason why. I looked into The chris gethard show and its not really my piece of cake either...but to be frank..I dont know enough about him..but am really enjoying the podcast. I am on the mountain man one

you googled the twitter account didnt you?