Women promoting violence against cyclists in Delta Park

mrbaker

Gecko my brother.

This is where you go on your two knees and you thank the angels and heavens for all those "cyclists" that caused this hate on the rest of us.

Ja, I figured it must be something like that.

I must say though, that rudeness like that (the "F*#$king cyclists" thing), tends to flip that little switch in my head, and I have to fight the urge to confront .

Smile and wave, Gecko, smile and wave....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ja, I figured it must be something like that.

I must say though, that rudeness like that (the "F*#$king cyclists" thing), tends to flip that little switch in my head, and I have to fight the urge to confront .

Smile and wave, Gecko, smile and wave....

I had it once with a woman on a horse in Beaulieu, actually stopped and told her that I am sorry for the other cyclists who carry on like hooligans in the area and that me and my friends will always ensure that we show utmost respect to people on horses.

She had nothing else to say .

There is a definite disconnect between cyclists, dog walkers and the horsey types. It's given me an idea for a thread though.....

I'll type it up when the power comes back on (not as easy on the iPad)

aside form anything else, I'm surprised the woman wasn't more interested in being aware of her surroundings.

Rule #2: When for some reason you have been a Dick, apologize and show remorse and be on your way.

These two kind of cover this whole argument.

People make mistakes, get heated, let off steam and say things they don't mean. On bikes, walking dogs etc. Live and let live.  Co-exist with your fellow human beings, dog walkers, dogs, mtbers, noobs, stravaholes etc. Fellow human beings on this planet.

Work out a way to live together where all your needs can be met.

I have found over the years of cycling that people will forgive you quite quickly if you just admit you have made a mistake and apologize. I have also seen that by answering with a middle finger never works.

There is a definite disconnect between cyclists, dog walkers and the horsey types. It's given me an idea for a thread though.....

I'll type it up when the power comes back on (not as easy on the iPad)

The couple of times that i have ridden along the spruit, and other public shared spaces, I have always been surprised that 90% of the time, the jogger / dog walker - when seeing me coming or are aware of me behind them, they move off the trail - when I am quite happy to go around them . When they do I just thank them and move along.

The couple of times that i have ridden along the spruit, and other public shared spaces, I have always been surprised that 90% of the time, the jogger / dog walker - when seeing me coming or are aware of me behind them, they move off the trail - when I am quite happy to go around them . When they do I just thank them and move along.

Yip, same for me, it's a real pity many others don't think the same way.

As I said in the other 'hot thread' at the moment, many people think they are entitled to ownership on the Spruit and as a result of that they carry on regardless .

I have always been surprised that 90% of the time......

Probably more like 99.9% of the time.

I really do try to be courteous to everybody on the Spruit and most people you come across respond in kind.

It's that one person in a thousand that sometimes flips my switch.... :angry:

But it makes for a good Rant on the Hub  :D

As I said in the other 'hot thread' at the moment, many people think they are entitled to ownership on the Spruit and as a result of that they carry on regardless .

Aah yes, the Spruit Police  :ph34r:

Relax Wyatt, some people are not happy unless they're imposing their will on all and sundry. My way or the highway dude...!

Smile and wave, Sheriff, smile and wave ;)  

Big up to the tireless guys who constantly groom and cut trails on the spruit.  I wonder if they are bothered by riders riding straight?  If they don't mind, then who is anyone else to moan?  Maybe the moaners should rather help out in cutting more trails?

Big up to the tireless guys who constantly groom and cut trails on the spruit.  I wonder if they are bothered by riders riding straight?  If they don't mind, then who is anyone else to moan?  Maybe the moaners should rather help out in cutting more trails?

Ah shame, last ditch attempt ?

Ah shame, last ditch attempt ?

Now I get it - wrong thread! Duh! And I see the other one is locked, so ja, pretty much then a last attempt!

• 1 month later...

Sunday morning walk turned into a nightmare with overcrowded walkways in Delta park overrun by some maniacal cyclists on exact same pathways as walkers and runners, travelling at breakneck speed and shaving by us repeatedly, missing an accident with mm's to spare. To make matters more hair-raising, we can't hear them approaching from behind either (just image I happened to scratch my ear at that exact moment lol)‪#‎accidentwaitingtohappen‬ Pedestrians and cyclists shouldn't mingle in a confined space. To make it more of a trial we have dog poo left by their careless owners in pathways. My pet hate (pun intended) Eish, dodging cyclists and sh*t not my idea of peaceful Sunday morning stroll.

Archived