Women promoting violence against cyclists in Delta Park

mrbaker

Seems like some oh so righteous woman in Blairgowrie has taken it upon herself to advocate violence towards cyclists. Seems she got her knickers in a knot this morning- would love to hear the other side of the story. And then the DA ward councillor for Parkhurst decides to jump on the bandwagon...

post-8173-0-49082500-1416678512_thumb.jpg

post-8173-0-02972200-1416678553_thumb.jpg

post-8173-0-62794600-1416678594_thumb.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely unacceptable - especially from the ward councillor. Think maybe a call to his party office is in order.

Maybe not vote for him either...

She got a fright, was almost hit by a cyclist and now she's venting a bit. We really shouldn't take everything so serious...

She got a fright, was almost hit by a cyclist and now she's venting a bit. We really shouldn't take everything so serious...

I disagree- this is a bit more than 'venting' imo

Completely unacceptable - especially from the ward councillor. Think maybe a call to his party office is in order.

Agreed. I wonder what the DA top brass will have to say about this.

Maybe he can try push a walking stick through Godzille's spokes.

Agreed. I wonder what the DA top brass will have to say about this.

Maybe he can try push a walking stick through Godzille's spokes.

Perhaps the Sherrifs. ... I would give good money to a charity to see the aftermath of that.

The only explanation that works is if his fb profile was hacked, and I am sure it wasn't.

Worse judgement than a local radio station had...

Think she was venting, albeit from the point of view of someone who probably view cyclists as a nuisance anyway.
I stay in the area and read it and many of the comments. Which deteriorated into a number stupid remarks and threats, most likely how this thread will in the same way. 

The fact remains though, as riders the onus is on us to behave properly and give way, there's a significant enough level of douchebag riders to cause enough discomfort. I still think it's very much a minority, but it affects fellow riders as well.
That said, I use the Spruit and Delta almost daily and have hardly if ever experienced any real issues. There'll always be something, dogs unleashed, reckless riders, selfish runners/walkers etc ... but it's really overblown as a 'problem' 
In fact I say it's a good sign, more and more people are enjoying the outdoors.

Found his number on Twitter. Think we should all call him through the night to talk about his anger managment. We as cyclists are a lovely bunch!

I would really like to meet the cyclist that is prepared to ram a dog or someone walking, me personally, I do not go out trying my best to fall my nuts off and damage my gear. This lady is really idiotic, she is going to do something stupid one day and pay the price, as for the DA gentleman, that I find TOTALY unacceptable, and thats for the guys who already did something obout it. I hope a truckload of **** is dumped on his head.

Someone is bound to ride his mutts over one day - he doesn't have a clue what a leash is..

post-44068-0-92581800-1416685140_thumb.jpg

Someone is bound to ride his mutts over one day - he doesn't have a clue what a leash is..

attachicon.gifTim Truluck.jpg

His dogs are spread across the trails- and then he'll bitch about cyclists scaring his dogs when they cycle on the trails...

Archived