Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Yes, it's a great frame .... best thing about that frameset for me is the steel fork .... the cotic-X now come with a carbon fork. I would rather have a steel fork when it comes to commuting - handling load, pavements and rough roads :)

That frameset gives you the best of both worlds in my opinion ...  

Also had a long hard look when I saw the add ... but happy right now with what I have.

The Cotic X is no longer manufactured. Been replaced by the Escapade (which comes with a steel fork).

I have a carbon fork and the steel fork to switch between on my X.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that I am wanting the cotic x for more endurance riding. how much of a weight loss is there with swapping the carbon fork for a steel one ?

The Cotic X is no longer manufactured. Been replaced by the Escapade (which comes with a steel fork).

I have a carbon fork and the steel fork to switch between on my X.

Thanks, did not know, .... went onto the British Cotic site quickly after reading your post, the SA site have not been updated yet....

Do you think one would be able to buy only the steel fork from Cotic? Looks like one of the best designed/looking steel disc forks for cross bikes I've seen yet .

post-20017-0-14111400-1424424113_thumb.jpg

Thanks, did not know, .... went onto the British Cotic site quickly after reading your post, the SA site have not been updated yet....

Do you think one would be able to buy only the steel fork from Cotic? Looks like one of the best designed/looking steel disc forks for cross bikes I've seen yet .

Perhaps give Matt (Cotic SA) a shout. I'm not sure if it would be available as a seperate item. If anyone will be able to help locally it will be Matt.

Perhaps give Matt (Cotic SA) a shout. I'm not sure if it would be available as a seperate item. If anyone will be able to help locally it will be Matt.

Thanks Ryan ... will do

Given that I am wanting the cotic x for more endurance riding. how much of a weight loss is there with swapping the carbon fork for a steel one ?

You'll have a 300-500g weight GAIN.

Phoned, but haven't been able to get hold of Matt yet, but see the UK Cotic site does sell the steel disc forks as "components" at 90 GBP, or 93 GBP shipped for SA (Probably plus Shipping minus vat). Sure it will then be available this side through Matt too. 

Thanks for the advice Ryan ..

A bit pricey for a steel fork (R1700), but I would like the idea of having steel in front.

It has a 1 1/8 diameter steerer so will fit the Ridgeback flight ... and one of the colours is "Olive" .... think that would work with a silver-grey frame.

Phoned, but haven't been able to get hold of Matt yet, but see the UK Cotic site does sell the steel disc forks as "components" at 90 GBP, or 93 GBP shipped for SA (Probably plus Shipping minus vat). Sure it will then be available this side through Matt too. 

Thanks for the advice Ryan ..

A bit pricey for a steel fork (R1700), but I would like the idea of having steel in front.

It has a 1 1/8 diameter steerer so will fit the Ridgeback flight ... and one of the colours is "Olive" .... think that would work with a silver-grey frame.

PM'd

I may have some options for you...

Edited by Ryanpmb

What fork do you have on yours?

My CX bike of the moment. On One Pickenflick.

Ti. Rad name. What else do you need?...

post-12909-0-42969000-1424443498_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested in the OnOne Pickenflick Ti frame or full bike please PM me.  :thumbup:

Edited by Ryanpmb

If anyone is interested in the OnOne Pickenflick Ti frame or full bike please PM me.  :thumbup:

:cursing: , you should have told me earlier .... ok maybe not ....but I am still jealous cause that looks good!

What fork do you have on yours?

The Ridgeback Flight inhouse carbon fork ( alu steerer, carbon stansions , alu bottom)