Top Posters In This Topic

June 6th playa's.

http://i1.createsend1.com/ei/i/DE/646/3BC/csimport/oc-header-3-cx.093421.jpg

Oooo....

June 6th playa's.

http://i1.createsend1.com/ei/i/DE/646/3BC/csimport/oc-header-3-cx.093421.jpg

this is in CT?

now I just need a cyclo cross bike!!!

Pretty sure they will allow mtb.Not that many CX owners out there yet.

ok its been a while since i followed this thread & i know there was another thread\talk with 100 reason why you cant build a CX bike using a road frame, with that out of the way has anyone actually tried it yet? What was the pro's & cons or can you just enlighten me again why it will or will not work, Thanks in Advance.

ok its been a while since i followed this thread & i know there was another thread\talk with 100 reason why you cant build a CX bike using a road frame, with that out of the way has anyone actually tried it yet? What was the pro's & cons or can you just enlighten me again why it will or will not work, Thanks in Advance.

there's not enough room for CX tires and no tabs for cantilever brakes.

Not enough clearance for bigger tyres, lack of ability to run cantis and very aggressive race geometry are a few reasons that spring to mind. Rather add drops to a MTB...

Agreed:

1. tyre clearance

2. frame geometry

3. brakes

4. frame compliance (CX frames have some flex designed into them for comfort)

I ride mine mainly on the road and I love it. I have grown to appreciate the way she rides over almost everything.

Oh report on the Edge Design wheels.... they are superb! For under R3000 who would have thought that you can purchase wheels this good! I have ridden them off road quite a few times not and they are still as straight as the day that I purchased them. The stickers are however peeling a little which is a let down...

I would think the stickers falling off would be a good thing :)

seriously though I always wondered about them, glad to hear they're working so far.

Agreed:

1. tyre clearance

2. frame geometry

3. brakes

4. frame compliance (CX frames have some flex designed into them for comfort)

I ride mine mainly on the road and I love it. I have grown to appreciate the way she rides over almost everything.

Not necessarily a CX frame trait. That's a steel frame characteristic.

Pure race carbon CX frames are definately not compliant.