Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

What are you getting

50mm carbon clinchers laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs and some Avid Ultimate brakes... my current canti brakes will be for sale soon...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50mm carbon clinchers laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs and some Avid Ultimate brakes... my current canti brakes will be for sale soon...

sounds good

Custom ZTR Grails built for a customers Planet X ride...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hey, Ryan, how are those Grail rims? They are on my shopping list as well. What spoke hole would you suggest? PM me a price on rims please. Thank you

What size wheels you guys running with the mtb setups

Pretty broad question. I would imagine this is largely determined by the frame used if running the originally intended tyre size. How ever one can run 700x35C (35C approx - can be 32-40C) setups in 26" frames, as per the Soda I posted. Others could run a 650B+ setup in 29r frames. Otherwise it's as per the standard wheel size for the frame. Hope that answers your question?...

What size wheels you guys running with the mtb setups

RyanPMB has given a pretty comprehensive answer there. In my case I am using a 29" MTB frame so more 'monster' cross than 'cyclo' cross ... I use the original 29" MTB wheels with Hutchinson Mamba 1.9 tires. Not a very aggressive tread so suits the on off road stuff I use it for.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

I am contemplating using a hardtail mtb frame and building up. I am not bound to one size. I was thinking 29" would be better suited to on and offroad riding, or will 26" be fine as well?

Ok, cool. Thanks.

I am contemplating using a hardtail mtb frame and building up. I am not bound to one size. I was thinking 29" would be better suited to on and offroad riding, or will 26" be fine as well?

What wheel size MTB frame is it?