Mosselbaai / George / Glentana Routes and LBS

BigBoy10

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can go ride the cross country course anytime for zero Ronds... and its well marked.

Plenty trails in Witfontein as well - can park at witfontein forestry station (or ride from pretty much anywhere) head out of george in Oudtshroon direction turn right (onto dirt road) as if you are going to take the old montague pass, about 300 meters turn right again. plenty of fun single track, and for a longer ride - incorporate Montague pass and back, then up to radio tower, and down though single track back to car park . also no fees. 

You can go ride the cross country course anytime for zero Ronds... and its well marked.

Plenty trails in Witfontein as well - can park at witfontein forestry station (or ride from pretty much anywhere) head out of george in Oudtshroon direction turn right (onto dirt road) as if you are going to take the old montague pass, about 300 meters turn right again. plenty of fun single track, and for a longer ride - incorporate Montague pass and back, then up to radio tower, and down though single track back to car park . also no fees. 

cool bannanas will def do, have been up old monaque few times, that really hurts you deep, havent been that side of the mountain, have heard bout radio tower, where do you enter to go up there?

well tanks assume we wont be riding then

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/16/450_cp_tank_leopard_061202.jpg

some good roads near groot brak, past the brick factory, bottliers, the dirt road behind the old spar, into the plantations.

and the grabadoo race.

me too, this year be there for longer period hence looking for some more stuff to ride than just district roads and mtb parks, there are some good roads in the forrest behind glentana/george/wilderness but be little carefull, had an incident last year, that scared the bejesus out of me

Incident as in getting mugged?

Incident as in getting mugged?

almost, started on the district roads behind glentana, went through diary farm, entered onto trail inside first row of bushes, bosbou trails, two guys in car came past, then turned around and came back drove behind me for some 4 or 5 km's, made a bogus call on my cell and they left, could have been nothing, but looked bit dodge 

some good roads near groot brak, past the brick factory, bottliers, the dirt road behind the old spar, into the plantations.

and the grabadoo race.

thank you, have done them and will do the race again, saw the "little accident" last year, did not look nice

Plenty places inland from Hartenbos .Don't miss Manie,s race and the Grabedoo .Will be in Mbay from 14 Dec until 3 Jan

The bike shop near Diaz Strand gave me a map with different MTb routs last year. Cant remember the name though.

Does anyone know the trails/route for this event (40km MTB).

Website www.trisport.co.za

Wolwedans MTB

Date: 16 December 2014
Venue: Kleynfontein Bush Lapa, Jonkersberg
Event Format: Solo’s
Distances: 12km or 40km
Entry Fees:
12km: R30
40km: R100

Wolwedans MTB, included in the entry fee:
– A great MTB ride at the foot of the mountain
– Permission and permit from Cape Pine to use their area
– Permission to use the private property
– Well marked and set out route
– Well stocked Water table on route for Wolwedans MTB and at the finish
– Medical and emergency services on standby
– Finishers medal
– Prizes for winners
– Lucky draws
– Generosity and great atmosphere of Kleynfontein Bush Lapa
– Beer and cold drinks for sale at the finish
– Food for sale at the finish
– Professional photographer

Registration and late entries:
Pre-entries close Friday, 12 December. Late entries will be available at R20 per entry extra on 16 December between 06:30 – 07:45.
Registration will be 16 December between 06:30 – 07:45.

For all information contact Michelle on admin@trisport.co.za

The bike shop near Diaz Strand gave me a map with different MTb routs last year. Cant remember the name though.

I think you are referring to Johnny Koen cycles, they are situated at the Agri complex. Tel:0446920488.

Hi guys.

My parents are moving to George next year. How does the LBS weight up? How many are there and which is the best?

Want to know for future visits.

Fanks!

Archived