27,5" all mountain/ #enduro rims. what would you get?

Nofearnofun

Been thinking a LOT lately about getting these...

http://www.dabomb.co.za/productpage/143/Da_Bomb_Advance_650B_Rim

They're pretty sexy, weight seems good and nice and wide :D

Anyone ridden a set before?

Had my set for about 2 months now and they are awesome,solid and not a bad weight. The 30mm int width makes a big difference with handling and cornering is veeeery good.Give Ed a shout.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pro 4 hubs arrived yesterday. They look great. Very light too.

Where did you get those from?

Had my set for about 2 months now and they are awesome,solid and not a bad weight. The 30mm int width makes a big difference with handling and cornering is veeeery good.Give Ed a shout.( Quote)

Have a set of these rims for only about 2 weeks, seem to do be excellent.

No buyers regret at all with my purchase,and doing my first enduro with them this weekend.

Edited by nickelass

Had my set for about 2 months now and they are awesome,solid and not a bad weight. The 30mm int width makes a big difference with handling and cornering is veeeery good.Give Ed a shout.Have a set of these rims for only about 2 weeks, seem to do be excellent.No buyers regret at all with my purchase,and doing my first endure with them this weekend.

Nice you doing Howick?

Yes, busy converting my rims to tubeless ,as we speak....

If your tires have thickish side walls then you will be able to run low pressures

• 2 weeks later...

Some reports on the Pinkbike 2015/2016 Reign thread of them being tough and true, some reports of being soft and ding-happy. They're the new rims for the Reign Advanced... 

For 8k though, it seems like an okay deal. Not earth shattering, but not stupid either. 

I'd personally rather get the DaBomb 30mm rims and a set of Pro4's or something along those lines, which would end up costing a little more (closer to 10k probably) or build the DaBomb rims over to the existing hubs... 

Very light though, at least for the intended purpose. 

i recently pulled the plug and had a set of Easton arc 30 rims built onto my existing Hope evo 2 hubs.

so far they are awesome(3 rides on them so far), a very generous 30mm internal width makes the grip absolutely insane, the bike feels like it has been transformed and looks wicked as well. i have been looking at all versions of carbon wide rims from all vendors including the cheap Chinese guys, light bicycle in particular( only because i couldnt find any decent alu ones at a decent price( or at all as the case may be)).

Jason at the Trailhead recommend i try the Arcs as he had a set bought at a much better exchange rate and so far i am very very happy. 

the rims are very stiff( i know not as stiff as Carbon) but very compared to my WTB kom i23's.

the tires look huge( running a Ibex 2.4 up front and a canis 2.25 at the back).

for a complete set you are looking at roughly 9.5k-ish but i was lucky to get away with less than 3 as i had the spokes and hubs. 

i have never really felt uneasy on the bike due to traction but these have shown me the way a bike and tires are supposed to hold( LIKE ITS ON FRIKKEN RAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

for a wheelset that gives awesome value for money and from what i can find are strong enough to handle the enduro scene as well as some aggressive AM sort of riding i really think they are awesome. will report back after i have completed one of the haka enduro's as to what if any time improvements i manage to achieve.

Some reports on the Pinkbike 2015/2016 Reign thread of them being tough and true, some reports of being soft and ding-happy. They're the new rims for the Reign Advanced...

For 8k though, it seems like an okay deal. Not earth shattering, but not stupid either.

I'd personally rather get the DaBomb 30mm rims and a set of Pro4's or something along those lines, which would end up costing a little more (closer to 10k probably) or build the DaBomb rims over to the existing hubs...

Very light though, at least for the intended purpose.

Dabomb Advanced 650b rims on Dabomb Strafe hubs. I am about to do a set for a customer for under 10k. Under 8k infact :whistling:

The rims and hubs are brilliant quality!