Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm you see there is the problem....not on the FB group and don't subscribe to the newsletter.

Maybe they should send important info like that too ALL email addresses on their database....

so how would you as a club member like to stay informed of club matters, personal letter perhaps?

Edit: or email addresses as you suggested. Put it to the comittee then.

so how would you as a club member like to stay informed of club matters, personal letter perhaps?

Edit: or email addresses as you suggested. Put it to the comittee then.

Why worry about club members, the non and old members are more and issue. That said, all routes are clearly signposted so why worry about comms. If you are not a member the it is what it is.

On that note however, I carry my board in my pocket, and a mate has his on his backpack. You are often members of more than one trail group, so what then, Who's board must be displayed? That question notwithstanding, they were on a no go section, so even if they were displaying boards, they should not have been there.

Small Segway......... maybe they were cycling up to the restaurant to meet family and friends for lunch. Would that change things?  :devil:

Why worry about club members, the non and old members are more and issue. That said, all routes are clearly signposted so why worry about comms. If you are not a member the it is what it is.

On that note however, I carry my board in my pocket, and a mate has his on his backpack. You are often members of more than one trail group, so what then, Who's board must be displayed? That question notwithstanding, they were on a no go section, so even if they were displaying boards, they should not have been there.

Small Segway......... maybe they were cycling up to the restaurant to meet family and friends for lunch. Would that change things?  :devil:

Carrying your board in your pocket is whats going to get you into trouble with the committee & possibly let us loose access to the trails, when you joined the club you agreed to display the board on your handlebars & no where else.

Carrying your board in your pocket is whats going to get you into trouble with the committee & possibly let us loose access to the trails, when you joined the club you agreed to display the board on your handlebars & no where else.

I used to carry my board in my camelbak as I have multiple bikes. I got kakked on from a dizzy height so now I have hundreds of cable ties.

I used to carry my board in my camelbak as I have multiple bikes. I got kakked on from a dizzy height so now I have hundreds of cable ties.

try velcro straps its easier to swap between bikes & doesnt scratch the handle bar.

I'd take a *** out anytime over loosing a trail, wouldnt you agree?

try velcro straps its easier to swap between bikes & doesnt scratch the handle bar.

100%, that is why I now have all the cable ties.

So I have been thinking of a plan to reduce rogue riders

It involves some ex reccies, and your tyres getting slashed and then the long walk home. I am pretty sure that would solve the problem pretty quick. The offenders are more than welcome to report this to the police, but by doing that they will also have to own up to tresspassing on private property.

I will be SUPER grumpy if farmers close their land due to these clowns

post-5386-1418107367,8937.jpgpost-5386-1418107382,3079.jpg

Like so!

So I have been thinking of a plan to reduce rogue riders

It involves some ex reccies, and your tyres getting slashed and then the long walk home. I am pretty sure that would solve the problem pretty quick. The offenders are more than welcome to report this to the police, but by doing that they will also have to own up to tresspassing on private property.

I will be SUPER grumpy if farmers close their land due to these clowns

Two wrongs unfortunately does not make a right. Land owners / the club taking the law into their own hands can only end one way... badly. I would rather get SAPS to arrest a few of these goons on a Saturday morning for trespassing and let them sleep at the Durbanville Police Holding Cells Saturday evening and Sunday evening. 

Two wrongs unfortunately does not make a right. Land owners / the club taking the law into their own hands can only end one way... badly. I would rather get SAPS to arrest a few of these goons on a Saturday morning for trespassing and let them sleep at the Durbanville Police Holding Cells Saturday evening and Sunday evening. 

Maybe that's a possibility that the police detain a few rogue riders - at the very least it'll make them realise that actual consequences from a legal standpoint can affect them.  Might make them think twice.

Maybe that's a possibility that the police detain a few rogue riders - at the very least it'll make them realise that actual consequences from a legal standpoint can affect them.  Might make them think twice.

I'd like to see land owners pressing charges as well. Perhaps have a journo from Tygerburger cover the story too. Public humiliation and the inconvenience can be a powerful deterrent. 

I don't speak cyclist particularly well but if you can take a photo of these guys then you are close enough to actually talk to them directly?

They look happy and friendly enough.

Archived