[Event] 99er Cycle Tour & MTB Challenge 2015

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Yep, working my way up slowely... Started in the double letters one year ago.

At least you doing it the right way

As the E group turned right at the Silos, i noticed we passed a guy on a MTB from group CC (definitely long route as his number was white too). I wondered how he got ahead of us considering CC started close to 7am and the E group passed him as if he was standing still.

Lets hope he decided to do the short route instead.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you doing it the right way

As the E group turned right at the Silos, i noticed we passed a guy on a MTB from group CC (definitely long route as his number was white too). I wondered how he got ahead of us considering CC started close to 7am and the E group passed him as if he was standing still.

Lets hope he decided to do the short route instead.

Must have been short route, unless it was Lance Armstrong...

Hello All, New to Hub.

Been of the bike for a while after a hit and run accident about 7 years ago on my bike.

I enjoyed the 99er, only real complaint I had was merging point of the short route with the long route blocked up the road a little.

Managed 3:45, was hoping for 3:30 but had issues with Calf cramping and left my munchies in the car, lol.

Vissershok is damn tough after completing 80km+ and lets not mention the climb to the finish line, wasn't sure which broke me more! Also struggled to hold guys on the flats, just kept running out of gears, was fun though to catch them again at next hill, became a "rolling" joke of the ride with the group.

I have to say the level of riding is really good. Well done to everyone who finished and the sub 3 hour guys are all machines in my opinion.

My trusty race bike I rode on :). Cheating with Triple blade crank I know.

post-71956-0-90691300-1423741373_thumb.jpg

Archived