[Event] 99er Cycle Tour & MTB Challenge 2015

Ninetyniner Durbanville

99er is an official seeding event - but only for the Argus the following year.

So if you rode the 99er in 2014 then it could potentially count 100% for Argus 2015 (assuming it was your best index).  

99er 2015 can be used for Argus 2015 but not as an official seeding event - so will never be 100%

At least that is the way I understand it...

Let me put it this way - what PPA tell us they will do (what you described) and what they do in practice is not always the same.

Last year they used the 2014 99er as a 100% seeding event for the 2014 Argus.

What will they do this year? Who knows, but it is much more relevant to use a 100% seeding that is one week old than one that is one year old

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly - so much can happen in a year. This should be obvious? But by the same token, your previous Argus performance also play a role, so I suppose they need to work with something.

99er road ride is my only reference for my MTB seeding, granted I only did one MTB race 2 weeks ago (Porquipine) , but still, makes no sense. Now im seeded relatively well in MTB, undeservedly so as Im a newb on the rough stuff.

PPA logic

99er road ride is my only reference for my MTB seeding, granted I only did one MTB race 2 weeks ago (Porquipine) , but still, makes no sense. Now im seeded relatively well in MTB, undeservedly so as Im a newb on the rough stuff.

PPA logic

There are only 7 seeded groups in MTB. So is D MTB seeding is similar to L road seeding. (estimate)

Results show,

Fastest B rider 2:55:00

Fastest A rider 2:56:11

What was the time gaps 3mins? So what might of happened B caught A, but because of the efforts put in B couldn't climb as fast and the A made little bit of time back there... Just a speculation!

Who knows... I was off by the climb [emoji26]

Hey I was in group B and my time was 2:55:00

I worked very hard on the front with some other guys, some of which were late $ riders (red/white & blue/white craft jerseys). Another guy who was with me in Die Burger (Black/white jersey he pulls like a freight train) and also did a huge amount of work.

We really made a huge effort to get across to A group. Shortly after that I think I saw you pull off to the right Meezo.

I tried to stay near the front down the N7 but shortly after we turned onto Vissershok there was an accident and I got pushed far down the bunch. By the time we reached the vissershok climb I had alot of work to do to catch up to the front.

I nearly made it back onto the leaders of A before the descent but once over the top I was isolated and they slipped ahead again. On the finish climb I clawed them back with all I had but didn't manage to catch the last 4 guys so I didn't quite overhaul them by 2 mins :D.

Its the best road race I've done to date but I was frustrated with guys sitting in the pace line and messing things up. If you want a free ride fine but don't mess with the guys at the front who are busting their asses to get you a good time.

Hey I was in group B and my time was 2:55:00

I worked very hard on the front with some other guys, some of which were late $ riders (red/white & blue/white craft jerseys). Another guy who was with me in Die Burger (Black/white jersey he pulls like a freight train) and also did a huge amount of work.

We really made a huge effort to get across to A group. Shortly after that I think I saw you pull off to the right Meezo.

I tried to stay near the front down the N7 but shortly after we turned onto Vissershok there was an accident and I got pushed far down the bunch. By the time we reached the vissershok climb I had alot of work to do to catch up to the front.

I nearly made it back onto the leaders of A before the descent but once over the top I was isolated and they slipped ahead again. On the finish climb I clawed them back with all I had but didn't manage to catch the last 4 guys so I didn't quite overhaul them by 2 mins :D.

Its the best road race I've done to date but I was frustrated with guys sitting in the pace line and messing things up. If you want a free ride fine but don't mess with the guys at the front who are busting their asses to get you a good time.

submission :ph34r:

was great fun! yes that happened alot! you weren't the guy who constantly ride off the front on the climbs?

submission :ph34r:

was great fun! yes that happened alot! you weren't the guy who constantly ride off the front on the climbs?

I went off the front once by accident but sat up when I realised, on my next turns I made sure that everyone was on before pulling.

I went off the front once by accident but sat up when I realised, on my next turns I made sure that everyone was on before pulling.

the other dude with baggies...? :clap:

Haha ye, MTB shoes, baggies and the orange/blue jersey.

yes i remember, i remember the once you went off the front also, that 1 oke wasn't impressed!

yes i remember, i remember the once you went off the front also, that 1 oke wasn't impressed!

yup, STOP SURGING!

yup, STOP SURGING!

nice riding, i think you me and another dude manage to break away as well...

Ye I thought that was a good idea to try and catch group A but it ended up making the rest of B hurry up and catch us so it served its purpose well.

That is a problem throughout the groups.  In Group P we were a handful that did all the work.  The rest just sat in the group.  It's part of cycling (and life as a whole) I guess.

That is a problem throughout the groups.  In Group P we were a handful that did all the work.  The rest just sat in the group.  It's part of cycling (and life as a whole) I guess.

break away, ride a better time, get a better seeding  :ph34r: ....then sat in and hang on for dear life  :devil:  :oops:

break away, ride a better time, get a better seeding  :ph34r: ....then sat in and hang on for dear life  :devil:  :oops:

Yep, working my way up slowely... Started in the double letters one year ago.

Archived