[Event] 99er Cycle Tour & MTB Challenge 2015

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Event Name: 99er Cycle Tour & MTB Challenge 2015
When: 7 February 2015
Where: Durbanville Race Course, Western Cape
Category: Road

The 99er Cycle Tour and MTB Challenge first took place in 1999. The inaugural event was 99km long and so the name “The 99er” was born. The race is organized and hosted by the El Shaddai Christian School in Durbanville and the event is the main fund raising activity for the school. There are over 350 volunteers from the school in the form of parents, staff, pupils, alumni and past parents involved on race day.

The 2015 event will be the 17th time that the race is being held.

Since 2003, the 99er Cycle Race has been an Official Premier Seeding event for The Cape Town Cycle Tour (affectionately called “The Argus” by cyclists). There are only 4 road events in the Western Cape that have this prestigious status.

The 99er Cycle Tour takes place a month before The Cape Town Cycle Tour, and is an excellent preparation race for the world famous event.

The 99er’s legendary climbs of Vissershok and Odendaal provide a great challenge and once a cyclist has conquered these hills anything is possible!

Durbanville Race Course

• 108km : 06:00
  • 64km : 07:30
  • 35km MTB : 08:00
  • 12km MTB : 8:15
  • Kiddies Bike Ride : TBA
  • 10km Fun Run/Walk : 07:00
  • 5km Fun Run/Walk : 07:00

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone else think the pricing for an event that doesn't even have road closures is a bit steep?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling to see how PPA can do an event on pretty much the same roads for R110 and this event costs R345.

This will be my first ever 99er so I have no idea how tough this race is.

I am planning to do a training ride of the route this coming Saturday with some buddies.

How does it compare to the recent Bouckaert - Soenen 126km race?

Anyone else think the pricing for an event that doesn't even have road closures is a bit steep?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling to see how PPA can do an event on pretty much the same roads for R110 and this event costs R345.

No doubt it's heavy on the wallet, relative to the other races.

What could the reasons be?

Too expensive for me. I can ride the Medallion and tour de PPa for the same money.

This will be my first ever 99er so I have no idea how tough this race is.

I am planning to do a training ride of the route this coming Saturday with some buddies.

How does it compare to the recent Bouckaert - Soenen 126km race?

Havent done it either but I see a big chunk of it is similar to the CWC Durbie Dash and Tour de PPA routes, but a small matter of vissershok after 100km should be interesting and not forgetting the finishing hill up oddendal road.

Havent done it either but I see a big chunk of it is similar to the CWC Durbie Dash and Tour de PPA routes, but a small matter of vissershok after 100km should be interesting and not forgetting the finishing hill up oddendal road.

Its the toughest finale of all the road races.

The final 20 kms are very demanding with the hilltop finish in Aurora, Durbanville.

Make sure to add some hill repeats at the end of your long ride  :nuke:

The price is fair. The R355 includes your Cycling SA licence(R120) . The entry cost for this race is thus R235 (Don’t complain if you enter late and it is more expensive).

And I think at R235 it is the cheapest official Argus seeding event in the Western Cape???

hills is very good.. especially at the end as it wont give the chasing pack time to catch up :clap:  :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

will get rid of all the leaches :whistling:

Sunday I murdered my group up the climb only for them to team up and pick me up again 5km later...Not going to happen this time round :drool:

The price is fair. The R355 includes your Cycling SA licence(R120) . The entry cost for this race is thus R235 (Don’t complain if you enter late and it is more expensive).

And I think at R235 it is the cheapest official Argus seeding event in the Western Cape???

Agreed, And would have been R270 if you only purchased the day licence.

hills is very good.. especially at the end as it wont give the chasing pack time to catch up :clap:  :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

will get rid of all the leaches :whistling:

Sunday I murdered my group up the climb only for them to team up and pick me up again 5km later...Not going to happen this time round :drool:

You are so modest!! :ph34r:

Archived