Another F@#cken Taxi!!!

101%

Hagar' date=' they had a program on Discovery about train accidents. In one episode they talked about railroad crossing accident and how people crossing them take chances when they do so. The reckon that you must see an object a certain size before you can judge distance. With trains it is not to far so that is why people get run over at crossing. And seeing (excuse the pun) that cyclist are smaller then trains, the distance is even less.

[/quote']

I think it was on Top Gear where the did the same thing, but naturally Clarkson and co had a train smash into a Renault Espace...

the vision and not seeing is very true - especially in busy traffic when you focus on cars and the are all different colours. The Mrs wanted to turn right from a stop street on a busy road. I didnt see the guy till it was to late - he was comming down the hill like the clappers and altered the design of our rear passenger door. Lucky for him it was a raleigh MX 850 solid stell and not much wrong with it - but our car was stuffed.

ja nee I see Wink just hope those others see like me. Me thinks people should all ride a bicycle for a year before they can get their licence to drive a car. it just helps to create an awareness .

I just think that cyclists are so much more alert and on the look out for guys / gals on their bikes when they are in the car.

I know I am like that.

sorry Bruce for the hi jack.

just you get better soon !!!!! 

the vision and not seeing is very true - especially in busy traffic when you focus on cars and the are all different colours. The Mrs wanted to turn right from a stop street on a busy road. I didnt see the guy till it was to late - he was comming down the hill like the clappers and altered the design of our rear passenger door. Lucky for him it was a raleigh MX 850 solid stell and not much wrong with it - but our car was stuffed.

That kinda sums up the Think Bike relevance.

"

Here's the problem.  Almost every motorcyclist who has been in

an accident with another vehicle will have heard the inevitable "But

I didn't see you!".

We recognise that as a problem.  That is why we ride with

headlights on. (It's now illegal for motorcycles to ride with headlights

off, day or night).  That is why we wear bright colours.  That

is why we do everything we can to be seen.

But still you don't see us.  We have come to realise that this

is because you don't know how to look.  Or what to look for.

This is not an accusation, this is us, as bikers, understanding the

problem.

So all we can do is try to help educate the public in what to look

for, how to evaluate what it is they see, and how to act in accordance."

From the TB website

Teach and encourage motorists what to look for. Not just other cars.

yep B_t_B, and it was a bus driver "not seeing" Bucc that killed him.

this "not seeing" affects us all - my previous BLUE tazz got written off because the Navara driver NEXT TO me "didn't see" me and swung into me while flooring it - flipped my car.

the stupid **** who took ewep out "didn't see" him

the list is endless.

BB for the exact reason that she did not see - now means I get to ride with a day glow green bib

on the up side at least i get to look at a mountain bike so i dont have to be on the road Big%20smile

yep B_t_B' date=' and it was a bus driver "not seeing" Bucc that killed him.

this "not seeing" affects us all - my previous BLUE tazz got written off because the Navara driver NEXT TO me "didn't see" me and swung into me while flooring it - flipped my car.

the stupid **** who took ewep out "didn't see" him

the list is endless.

[/quote']

Ya, the sad and worrying part (terrifying really), is that a lot of the time the motorist genuinely doesn't see us, cause the looking in the wrong place for something else.

BB thats the mindset - to many people think the road is only for cars - so they "dont" look for others

but we could chat about this for hours -

sorry for the hi jack bruce hope you are ok.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the well wishes!

I was on the way back from the Cradle and had just turned into Cedar Rd at the T-Junction.  There is a slip road from the left so I was looking at the cars coming from the left to make sure they had seen me.  I wasn't looking straight in front of me to make sure the taxi that was coming up the wrong side of the road to miss the traffic backed up at the stop sign had seen me!

When I looked in front of me the taxi was coming straight for me on the wrong side of the road - head on collision.  Fortunately we had both slowed down enough that it wasn't a lot worse that it could have been.  I hit his windscreen and pretty much shattered it (now I know what Jan Ullrich felt like!).

Been x-ray'd, no broken bones but the shoulder feels pretty badly bruised.  Trek SSLx history I'm afraid.  Going through to Trek now to see what can be done with another training bike - don't know if I want to risk my new Madone on these roads!!

Once again, thanks for all the wishes.  This time it wasn't a case of not seeing the cyclist, it was a case of reckless and negligent driving.  Taxi driver still had the audacity to tell me we were both in the wrong so we should just leave it at that!

Didn't mean you had to go to SUCH lengths to write a race report!

GLAD YOU ARE OK though!! Hope the headache won't be too bad tomorrow!

aaaaag no man he got the cheek to tell you that you were both in the wrong AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry typical TAXI he just wanted to get another trip in and that at your expense .

i would have kicked all his windows out not just the windscreen sure hope you get your training bike sorted out !!!!