Not really big features. More that it's littered with rock, roots and such, but is dedicated to a single direction. In terms of technicality for DH levels, it's not really high or gnarly but it can catch you off guard and is good for training on. At most it would br considered a blue trail, IMO.

Agreed, just remember that at speed it tends to go dark blue / blackish, and crashing there, with all the rocks and trees can be disastrous. Evading action is just about out of the question as it will lead to connecting a big rock or a tree.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thus me asking, and don't take me wrong here and think I am being sarcastic, but if it's not a proper downhill run and it can be ridden up by almost anyone, then why the one-way traffic approach ,who decided that it should be ?

Hahahahaha, so the direction of traffic should be dictated by whether or not it's physically possible to ride it both ways as opposed to safety?  :thumbup: smart thinking.

Thus me asking, and don't take me wrong here and think I am being sarcastic, but if it's not a proper downhill run and it can be ridden up by almost anyone, then why the one-way traffic approach ,who decided that it should be ?

Who should be the one to decide what is proper?

Edit: if making a trail one-way fixes more than it breaks, then it's there for good.

Not really big features. More that it's littered with rock, roots and such, but is dedicated to a single direction. In terms of technicality for DH levels, it's not really high or gnarly but it can catch you off guard and is good for training on. At most it would br considered a blue trail, IMO.

Hold on. Steep, fast, gaps and committing. It has claimed an untold number bike frames (two Reigns for me) and and been the cause for some grizzly medical evacuations. Sounds black.

Ok, if you want to ride the full trail in chicken mode then it could easily be graded differently because it's only the bypasses that is needed for some of the features that makes it possible to ride up.

Should we pull the chicken runs and tables make it a double black? Honestly, that's all it needs.

It's all about how it's ridden, the bypasses and tables makes it safe to learn, not easier.

Hahahahaha, so the direction of traffic should be dictated by whether or not it's physically possible to ride it both ways as opposed to safety? :thumbup: smart thinking.

Your sarcasm does not work on me, I have my idiot proof cloak on today .

I will ride any uphill I see, the more challenging the better, a proper downhill route I will not attempt as it is designed and built for downhill.

If I was in the area and I saw an uphill that looks climable, I rdie it with the knowledge that anyone using the trail will use the logic that they need to look out for other riders and with proper trail etiquette that says the slower rider, in this case the uphill rider should have first option to a line (read up on it, that is an old trail rule)

In this case, me not being local and I spot a climb that I can ride and not knowing that it's a "downhill only" trail, I can assure you that Armpies, Marko and myself would have had the same scuffle .

I will ride any uphill I see, the more challenging the better, a proper downhill route I will not attempt as it is designed and built for downhill.

If I was in the area and I saw an uphill that looks climable, I rdie it with the knowledge that anyone using the trail will use the logic that they need to look out for other riders and with proper trail etiquette that says the slower rider, in this case the uphill rider should have first option to a line (read up on it, that is an old trail rule)

In this case, me not being local and I spot a climb that I can ride and not knowing that it's a "downhill only" trail, I can assure you that Armpies, Marko and myself would have had the same scuffle .

Thank you, next!

You better take that cloak off so you can read your previous comment again. You're saying that you're entitled to ride up any track you like if you have the ability regardless of if it has been demarcated for safety reasons. I know you have SKILLLLLZ so that's pretty much every track in the country. I know Cascades is perfectly rideable in reverse and there's no signage that I know of (it relies on common sense) so you should definitely hit it bro.

Ooooooor maybe you should find healthier ways to get attention than trolling.

Lol, I propose a national Wyatt Earp downhill track grading standard whereby tracks are rated on Wyatt's ability to ride up them. Maybe we can sponsor him a Bianchi Methanol.

You better take that cloak off so you can read your previous comment again. You're saying that you're entitled to ride up any track you like if you have the ability regardless of if it has been demarcated for safety reasons. I know you have SKILLLLLZ so that's pretty much every track in the country. I know Cascades is perfectly rideable in reverse and there's no signage that I know of (it relies on common sense) so you should definitely hit it bro.

Yeah, the idiot is strong in the Rad one .

Who should be the one to decide what is proper?

Edit: if making a trail one-way fixes more than it breaks, then it's there for good.

I think you mean "for the greater good"........

:thumbup:

However Wyatt posts a valid question in that if it can be ridden both ways, then people will ride it in the direction it's not intended to be ridden.

BTW thats called Human nature and it needs herding usually through making it more unpleasant to attempt a reverse direction traverse.

I think you mean "for the greater good"........

:thumbup:

However Wyatt posts a valid question in that if it can be ridden both ways, then people will ride it in the direction it's not intended to be ridden.

BTW 

Not really. It's entirely possible to drive through a red robot. Just because you can doesn't mean it's up to you to decide whether you should. Rules are there for a reason. In this case, a section of trail has been demarcated for the likely purpose of keeping guys that want to gun it on their downhill rigs off the trails that are being used by other riders thereby avoiding crashes. By his logic, if a trail can be ridden down at break neck speed then why shouldn't Mayhem and Marko ride down them at full tilt?

Right, off to hit Thaba. It's a little bit harder than the other tracks to ride up but who knows, maybe Danny Macaskill (or Wyatt SKILLZMASTER Earp) is in town so I'd better be on the lookout.

Archived